+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Pre-season meeting

Default 2018 Pre-season meeting

Hello Sugar Makers,
    We are very excited to present the MSPAC pre-season agenda for January 20th, 2018. Yes, 2018. I am sure that this mild weather is triggering your sugaring senses to start cleaning your equipment or ordering new equipment. Don't forget that vendors will be on site at our January meeting to purchase last minute supplies. Our agenda features Brenda Noiseux who will help you have a broader internet presence. In addition, Rob Lamothe will be doing a candy making demo for a large crowd. So if you are looking to learn how to make candy or improve your skills, join Rob for an interesting presentation. Furthermore, we will have 3 breakout sessions; one on grant writing, another on determining off-flavor syrup, and lastly Dave Butler will be talking about equipment for the small producer. This is great information that will help enhance your sugaring practices and management skills. The meeting is at Lyman Memorial High School in Lebanon, CT. The address is 917 Exeter Rd. Lebanon, CT 06249. See you at 8 am.

​The schedule is as follows:
    8:00-9:00 am; Coffee, donuts and fruit available
    9:00-10:00 am; Business Meeting
    10:00-11:30 pm; How to use the internet to your advantage, Brenda Noiseux
    11:30-12:30 pm; Light Lunch and Raffle (Chili and Chowder) $5.00 donation
    12:30-1:30 pm; Candy making demo, Rob Lamothe
    1:30-3:00 pm 3 rotating sessions
    1) How to write a grant application, Nathan L Rudgers, Farm Credit East
    2) Off flavor syrup tasting demo, Mike Girard
    3) The essential equipment needed to be a successful small maple producer, David Butler, Leader Evaporator
    3:00 pm Adjournment

Please spread the word about the meeting. Please contact Mark Harran for more information at jmharran@aol.com

We hope to see you all there.

In addition, we have some other information to share about Farm Grants.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

Hi, I am interested in attending. Do you need to be a member?
    2014 Year 1, 1 large front yard shade tree with 3 taps - 3 quarts of the best syrup I ever had.
    2015 - Convince In-laws and Neighbors, bought F-150 and bricks. 20 taps, 4 gallons in pretty bottles.
    2016 -- More friends and neighbors, should add another 20 +, built temporary shelter as sugar shack. F150 traded for Ram 2500. Big Blue new barrels for 116 gal storage. 8 gallons Syrup.
    2017 - Mortared Brick Arch with serving pans, no make that an 18 x 48 CDL divided flat pan, 48 taps.

Helicopter, I've only made one meeting so far, but I was able to join at the meeting. As far as I know, that hasn't changed, you can still do it there

No, but if you make maple syrup, you might want to join.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

+ Reply to Thread