+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIP Richard Patterson

Default RIP Richard Patterson

Our Maple Community has lost a great guy today. R.I.P. Richard Patterson, the Sugar Master from Patterson Farms. It amazes me to just think about the number of sugar makers that he helped over the past many years. I will always remember and be very grateful for all the wonderful conversations and good laughs. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Patterson Family.
    Brookfield Maple Products
    Lapierre, USA Dealer
    Certified Organic
    +/-4500 taps on Vacuum
    3x12 Natural Gas Evaporaor
    Lapierre Piggy Back
    Lapierre 1200g/hr RO

My dad was one of those sugar makers that Richard helped. Dad died two years ago, but before he did I was able to buy his land and sugar equipment and now make syrup with my son. When I bought the equipment dad said to go see Richard, that he would help me with anything I needed and he did just that. I have known Richard for many years through his work in the fire and ambulance service, but he will be remembered most for his syrup and the size of his operation.

Im one of the fellas that owes my start to Richard Patterson. He is soley responsible for me getting into maple as a business instead of a hobby. He was a person that seemed bigger than life and its hard for me to believe he is gone. I hope the best for his family and will always consider him king of maple in our part of the world. The man definitely wasn't afraid of hooking up a maple tree. Theron

We met a few times over the years, great guy. I remember him telling my dad he would put Pennsylvania syrup up against Vermont syrup anytime (taste). He will be missed in the maple community here for sure.

Craig

Not sure there is a sugarmaker in PA he didnt help in one way or another. And was happy to take his infinite knowledge to the next level by opening the CDL PA store. Every purchase came with whatever advice you needed

Mike
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Richard has even helped me and I'm from NH. He was a great guy and he will be missed.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread