+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hobby Water Jacket Bottle Filler

The pink ridgid scares me a bit. Will the outer jacket not get hot? I had a warming box at work we made to keep guys lunches warm in the winter. It was a plywood box and had 2" ridgid on the inside. We had 2 100 watt light bulbs in there and a little computer fan.
    It worked great for a bit. But when it was left for a couple hours and not opened it started to melt the insulation. Doesn't get over 200F in there. So I'm a bit worried about your insulation. And it stinks when it melts too.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

Hey Bricklayer I wasn't sure how much heat that would take????? Maybe I'll replace it with some aluminum faced fiberglass hard board insulation. I'm sure that would take the heat. We used to use that hard fiberglass insulation for steam piping and it held up well. Thanks for the tip.
    Hey Maple Flats yes it is grounded I guess its really just a mini water heater so same as a house water heater it can have issues with galvanic reaction. Stainless is always better but $$$$ Jay
    Zucker Lager

The ground I speak of would be best if it is a 8 or 10 ga. copper stranded wire clamped snug to the surface of the outer jacket and run direct to a ground clamp to be most effective. The usual ground connection is not enough to keep electrolysis in check. It satisfies the safety aspect but not the electroplating that tries to start in the water between the inner and outer shells, for that you want the extra ground with the galvanized outer and a SS inner.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12