+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sales are going great

Default Sales are going great

My son recently made a new website for me, I really like it. In my old site I had to have customers email an order, then I'd figure which packaging I needed, I'd generate an invoice and email that to them. When They paid, I'd pack and ship the item.
    My new site has a shopping cart and it has the ability to use the right boxes (after educating the program a little) and give an accurate total, then the customer can pay right there, using one of several options. Then I get an email announcing another order. When I open my sight I simply click on the right order, click to print the shipping labels and each printed label tells me which box to use. This is much simpler and the customers seem to like it and sales have gone way up as a result.
    My new site is: www.cnymaple.com
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I spoke too soon. Shortly after I posted this thread, I got an order for 8 half gal of syrup. The program used 2 large USPS flat rate (3 jugs ea.) and 1 med. USPS flat rate (2 jugs). 3 jugs are making the large close with a significant bulge. I do not like such a bulge. Now I need to try to educate the program more. It was manually corrected to make the shipment.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

A few quick clicks but the site looks nice.
    800 taps
    Smoky Lake 2 x 8
    Great Lakes Guardian Auto drawoff
    H2O Innovation 600 Econox RO
    http://www.childrensheartfoundation....hf/fact-sheets
    https://www.facebook.com/polkaroundfarm/
    http://www.polkaroundfarm.com/

We are trying to set something like this up also, but hasn’t gone very well.

Thanks, David in Mi. This was huge improvement over my old site. This is my son's first attempt at making website. He does work computers all day at a local college, not just using one, but he's an I.T. guy. This morning I sent out my biggest one day shipment ever (I think), over $500 in 2 orders, off the new site. The mail girl might want a hand truck!
    Last edited by maple flats; 11-30-2017 at 07:06 AM.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Nice looking site Dave.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Thanks, I'm especially proud of how my son designed it and this was his first site to design.
    Sorry, he is not looking for more to design, he already works 12-16 hrs. a day counting his every other day "on call" for computer issues at the college (Morrisville Ag & Tech, a SUNY school).

Good i really appreciate your Work. This is very good.

Looks good. I may have try something similar because my walk-in traffic is non-existent at the moment.
    Gary / Zena Crossroads / 42˚ 00' 24" N / Hobby in Early '70s, Addiction since 2014

175+ taps on 3/16 (60 of which are on two Lunchbox Vac/Releasers)
    12x34 timber framed sap house w/attached 10x34 shed roof for storage
    2 x 6 Smoky Lake hybrid pan on Corsair arch with AUF/steam hood/preheater/concentric exhaust
    7.0 KW Sun Power PV System, Smokey Lake Filter Press/Steam Bottler, Modified NGMP RO - 2 4x40 posts 200 gph

My site was designed using Word Press and It uses Woo Commerce. It is very easy to use on my end and my customers seem to like it too. At present my sales are about 60% online, after the season ends, it will likely go back up to 70-80% online. The difference is that when I'm boiling I get walk ins who buy syrup.

+ Reply to Thread