+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delaval vacuum pump model 25

Default Delaval vacuum pump model 25

I just bought a delaval model 25 vacuum pump. It spins over freely and feels like there is slight suction just rotating by hand. Any idea what size motor i need or how much vacuum it will make. I plan on taking apart and rebuilding if it will work, also what other parts I may need to make it work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ran a 1 hp air compressor motor on mine. It will do 18 inches, you need a small coke bottle. You fill the small coke bottle with vac pump oil and take the cylinder cover off flip the bottle upside down and put the top back on. The brass screw that stichs up is a magneto to run the pulsators on the milkers. good pump!! the rotation arrow is on the big pulley.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps on a drop flue 8-4 split

what size pulley did you run on your motor. It says 875-900 rpms. I am assuming this is a small pump compared to everything else I see here but I picked it up for ten bucks so I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

I ran a small pulley that was mounted on the air compressor, I removed the pump head and mounted the vacuum pump head to the old air compressor frame and was in business. I ran mine with the 1725 rpm air compressor motor with out any problems.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm

So how often do you have to fill the bottle with oil. Also where can I buy parts for this model everything I see available is for the 70 series pumps

I don't remember. I think I filled it 1-2 times a day? I ran it from 2004-2012 or so and never did any thing to it.I traded it in for new equipment at Goodriches Maple Farm a couple years ago.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm

+ Reply to Thread