+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stack

Default Stack

Does the stack have to go straight up through the roof or can it go up 6 or so feet and then take a 45 or 90 degree outside and then up past the peak?

It should go straight up, any bend causes an unwanted restriction. It is especially bad to go up a ways, then elbow to a horizontal, out thru the wall, then another elbow to vertical again and up, that is asking for trouble, to a slightly lesser extent, but still trouble is to go the route of vertical then elbow to a sloping upward angle, out the wall and another elbow to vertical again. By far best to exit straight up.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I agree. A straight stack bears it weight straight down and needs little support to stay in place. It also means that ash and dust either fly straight out or fall straight down, leaving the stack always completely clear. Bite the bullet and cut that hole.

+ Reply to Thread