+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invert sugar testing

Default Invert sugar testing

Hello everyone, just wondering what everyone is using for a glucose meter to check invert sugar level in syrup. I been using a reli on prime model glucose meter and lately the code comes up saying not enough blood. The end of strip is submerged in syrup water mixture. Just wondering what luck everybody else is having. Thanks, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by S.S.S View Post
    Hello everyone, just wondering what everyone is using for a glucose meter to check invert sugar level in syrup. I been using a reli on prime model glucose meter and lately the code comes up saying not enough blood. The end of strip is submerged in syrup water mixture. Just wondering what luck everybody else is having. Thanks, Jon
    I've been looking at getting a glucose meter but came across a Hanna refractometer that is meant to measure invert sugar - it's more expensive at $175 but I wonder if it would work (no test strips needed would be nice, and it would be really nice if you could use it without needing to dilute the syrup first)

Anyone tried that with syrup?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    --
    2015 - 110 taps on hybrid pump + 3/16 natural vac
    - releaser posts every release event on twitter: https://twitter.com/ryebryesreleasr
    2014 - 30 taps on 3/16 gravity

Quote Originally Posted by ryebrye View Post
    I've been looking at getting a glucose meter but came across a Hanna refractometer that is meant to measure invert sugar - it's more expensive at $175 but I wonder if it would work (no test strips needed would be nice, and it would be really nice if you could use it without needing to dilute the syrup first)

Anyone tried that with syrup?

I emailed Steve Childs and he said that he bought one of the refractometer invert sugar testers and it just measured the brix the same as a normal digital refractometer... not the invert sugar % at all (lame)

I'm going to go pick up a normal glucose meter. There are a lot of them at my local drug store for $20. Diluting 10:1 before measuring is a slight pain but it's a whole lot better than doing a batch of sugar that won't turn into powder.

--
    2015 - 110 taps on hybrid pump + 3/16 natural vac
    - releaser posts every release event on twitter: https://twitter.com/ryebryesreleasr
    2014 - 30 taps on 3/16 gravity

+ Reply to Thread