+ Reply to Thread

Thread: double wall or straight 12" stack?

Default double wall or straight 12" stack?

What are your recommendations. Should i go double wall at $450 for 3'. How can i run a stack cheaper? Not looking to cut corners but goodnight. $450 for 3 feet and the $525 for a roof jack. How can i honestly tell my wife its just nickle and dimen me anymore? Can i just run single and have it be safe?

What kind of clearances do you have? If you have at least 3 feet to combustibles I would use single wall, what kind of roof Jack? If it's a triple wall roof jack that may or may not be worth the money, you can spend a considerable amount of time trying to go up through your roof safely so to me something like that might be worth purchasing if you can say make most of that money doing a different activitie in a similar amount of time. I always look at things like that before I try to fabricate something myself. I try to decide if I would be better off to buy something than build it based on the end quality and the time invested.
    Lots of the time your better doing something your good at and letting the guys that are really good at something do there job.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

I could not agree with you more. I didn't know they made a triple wall roof jack. Going to search it right now. As far as roof. It is rafters and I have to place the stack almost directly under one. I will have to cut it out but still have plywood on roof so 36 inches is hard to get.

Try Rockford Chimney Supply , I just bought a stainless peak 12" class a roof Jack for $221 includes shipping and storm collar. Not everything is on their website so you may need to call them .
    CDL 30x10
    Homebuild R.O.
    Wes Fab filter press full bank w/air pump
    ornery wife
    1 mean Stihl 460 woods ported chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by cjf12 View Post
    I could not agree with you more. I didn't know they made a triple wall roof jack. Going to search it right now. As far as roof. It is rafters and I have to place the stack almost directly under one. I will have to cut it out but still have plywood on roof so 36 inches is hard to get.
    My thinking is that you could use the triple wall/ insulated roof jack and just use single wall above and below the roof jack area.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

I am struggling to find a 12" triple wall roof jack. Found 8". That seems to make sense and simple if i can get it. Especially since i got more than enough single wall stack with the evaporator.

You may have to just buy a 14" roof jack and a 12" piece of triple wall pipe.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

For 12" class a pipe you would buy a 12" roof jack.
    CDL 30x10
    Homebuild R.O.
    Wes Fab filter press full bank w/air pump
    ornery wife
    1 mean Stihl 460 woods ported chainsaw

Many people cover exposed trusses close to pipe with 1" ceramic blanket and any purlins on roof with it also and this should eliminate any fire hazardous. Years ago we would boil for as long as 20 hours straight running stack temps of 1,200 to 1,800 degrees with no issues at all. We have only ever used single wall stainless pipe.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

+ Reply to Thread