+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I have enough cfm

Is the 400 taps the total of all taps on that pump or is it just part of the total? If it's 400 total and your pump is giving you 25" or more 1 pump is all you need. However you need to have a tight system. The only air you want getting into the system is what you add about 30-40' before any ladder needing a boost using a small needle valve. Breezy introduced that method to me, it works great. The way I use the method is to add a needle valve at my farthest out ladder (I have 8 ladders, 4 on one system, 4 on another at 2 different bushes), the micro bubbles introduced help the sap climb the ladder. If the next ladder is close enough to the first ladder you may not need another needle valve. I add one that distance before every ladder, just in case but sometimes the ladders closer to the releaser can remain closed after the farthest out ladder got a controlled micro leak.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Has anyone ever tried putting a low CFM, high vacuum pump ( like an HVAC evacuation pump) at the far end of a mainline to lower the pressure of the line without reversing the flow of the sap?

If the system is relatively leak free, not needed. It would end up pulling in the wrong direction even at low CFM, the flow will follow the greater vacuum regardless of the CFM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12