+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New to tubing with some questions

On good clean tubing and full gravity vacuumn, I have had good days of 2+ gallons per day, and normal days of 1.4 gallons per day.

Quote Originally Posted by WVKeith View Post
    On good clean tubing and full gravity vacuumn, I have had good days of 2+ gallons per day, and normal days of 1.4 gallons per day.
    Those are some great numbers! I'd be happy with half of that. I averaged around 30 gallons of sap a week last year on 45 buckets last season(my first). We'll see what this year brings with my new setup.
    Mick

2017- 45 taps on buckets. Made just over 3 gallons.
    2018- 41 taps on two 3/8” lines on vacuum. Ten lines on 5/16” and gravity with 49 taps. 4 taps on buckets
    Homemade 2x4 Oil Tank Evaporator
    Mountain Maple Smart Sap Sucker
    Maple Jet Filter Press
    Smoky Lake Maple Steam Bottler

I picked up my tote and drums today! I found a food grade ibc 275 gallon tote that had corn syrup in it. Got that for $60. I also got 2- 55 gallon food grade plastic drums with lids for $20 each. They had cherries in them sealed bags. Pretty happy with the $100 purchase even though I had to drive 2 hours for them.

Now I'm looking into my solar options for the right side of my property, and then 3/16 lines, 5/16 drops and all the fittings. Can't wait to start watching the weather and for the upcoming season!
    Mick

2018- 41 taps on two 3/8” lines on vacuum. Ten lines on 5/16” and gravity with 49 taps. 4 taps on buckets
    Maple Jet Filter Press

Ok so what tee fitting is everyone using to connect your 5/16 dropline into the 3/16 mainline?

I use a D&G but most manufacturers now carry a 3/16 x 3/16 x 5/16 T
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Just want to give a big shout out to Dave at Mountain Maple for his Smart Sap Sucker! This thing is awesome. After running all my lines, tapping Friday, and plugging in the unit Friday night this thing has been running phenomenal! From 9:30 am when it turned on this morning until now (9:30 pm) the unit has been running non stop drawing over 45 gallons of sap on my 41 trees ranging from 16-26” in diameter. It has been ranging from 20-25 inches of vacuum.

So far this has well exceeded my expectations from my bucket operation last year! Thank you Dave!!!
    Mick

Maple Jet Filter Press

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345