+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flue / stack pics?

Default flue / stack pics?

I am ready to start boring holes in the roof for steam and flue. Anyone interested in showing some pics and ideas on how to do this right? I have read a good bit but would like some pics. Always was better at watching to get things done.

Are you building a cupola? Hole for a smoke stack?
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

I wasn't figuring on a cupula. Is there an advantage? Was hoping to keep it simple.

While you don't need a cupola for the system to function properly, a cupola SCREAMS MAPLE, it is just a traditional look.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by cjf12 View Post
    I am ready to start boring holes in the roof for steam and flue. Anyone interested in showing some pics and ideas on how to do this right? I have read a good bit but would like some pics. Always was better at watching to get things done.
    Here's a photo of my flue stack. I cut a hole in the cupola roof:

new stack inside.jpg

Used double walled stove pipe were the pipe goes through the roof.

Here what it looks like on the outside:

new roof chimney.jpg

The steam goes out the cupola side walls which I open during the sap season.

Mark
    Mason 2x4 w/raised flue pan, 240 gal. sap tank, 80 Reds on 5/16 tubing and Lunchbox releaser/pump, 20 sugars on buckets

If you don't have a cupola OR a steam hood your sugar house will be filled with steam. It's going to need a way to escape.
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

The Smoky Lake concentric exhaust system takes care of both with one penetration through the roof.

Mspina. Thanks for the pics. What are the "ears" on the stack? Not at all being critical here. Does that meet your code? I may be way over thinking this. Was thinking i would still have to be "18 from combustible with double wall. How hot does that outside wall get?

+ Reply to Thread