+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: land appraisal

Just out of curiosity how does your town value the land per acre?
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

my house and 2 acres, the land is appraised at 11,000 for the 2 acres and is within the boundary of the property appraised. i believe this is correct, but i'll double check.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

Mark,

You say it is enrolled in MFL, that means the taxes are only $.79/acre if open or $1.87 if closed. If you weren't enrolled in that government program then you could sell the lumber for a higher price, or do what everyone else around here does with there wood......if it's not a saw log it goes on a truck for firewood and sell for $1200-1300 a load.
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Wow. I didn't realize that wood markets were that bad in Wisconsin, that is unfortunate. People do a lot better than that in my area even cutting mediocre quality wood on a 50 acre piece. At least it helps save on taxes. Good luck with the family farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch Muller View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize that wood markets were that bad in Wisconsin, that is unfortunate. People do a lot better than that in my area even cutting mediocre quality wood on a 50 acre piece. At least it helps save on taxes. Good luck with the family farm.
    Keep in mind....we sold at the absolute bottom back in the 2008 - 2011 range. That was when the economy crashed, sub-prime if some remember. Really nothing more than unfortunate timing. The MFL has it pluses and minuses and that being one of them, if its scheduled to be cut, then you have to no matter what the price. But you can't if noone wants it at any price. The taxes have never been that low,
    I do remember them being .89 per acre when it was put in back in 2000, they are around $2.00 per acre now I think. And the DNR takes 5% of the total timber sale when its cut. If you have good veneer and a sizable amount, then you can get a fair price in Wisconsin. But you guys out east certainly have the better prices for pulp. We only got $10 per cord for hardwood pulp and $15 for aspen in 2011. Needless to say, I will not re-enroll when it comes out of the program.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

Just had an appraisal of my mom's farm for trust,, estate, To be divided 4 ways. The best bottom land,, best crop land was 5,200 / ac and hill ground at 6,350/ Woodland,,,3,175 This was with breakdown of soil types for agricultural use and slope also figured in. 280 acres,,, the whole appraisal book is 3/4" thick. So uses and closest towns making things a little higher and I even told him not to use subdivision values. I may be able to get 40 acres ??? of woods with some maple and saw timber
    2012 200 taps on buckets,,, Built me a 2' X 11' arch,,, hope to put most on tubing next year.

2011 100 taps on buckets, 30x 60 flat pan

2009 63 taps on buckets,,,, 30x60 flat pan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12