+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of Vacuum line

We used direct bury triplex. 2,2,4. We are aslo required to ground back to the source just not a ground rod at the load end, so that was 6 wire. So 4 wires total. We were supposed to step a size down at 1000ft according to the electrician, but we didnt and it worked fine. Cost was 1.18 a foot. Not real cheap but you never have to worry about leaks and I installed that way faster and cheaper than a 2 inch line. Used a small 1.5 to 2 hp vac pumps and electric releasers with deep well submersibles. We tested them and the start load was only 19 amps. Shortest pump is 300ft longest is 2000ft with a 70ft rise in the middle. I am doing more and more of these if the power is available. These are also on monitoring systems and remote starts.
    western territory manager for h2o innovation
    past professional tubing installer
    16x32 heavy timber frame sugarhouse
    2600 taps on vacuum
    [url]www.photobucket.com/grossmanbrothers[/url
    www.ohiomapleproducts.com

The pumps were travini em28s similar to airtech or atlas small but mighty. 19cfm 28in vac.
    western territory manager for h2o innovation
    past professional tubing installer
    16x32 heavy timber frame sugarhouse
    2600 taps on vacuum
    [url]www.photobucket.com/grossmanbrothers[/url
    www.ohiomapleproducts.com

I am going to be using Jason's method which is to run the wire and use a separate pump and releaser then pump the sap to my sugarhouse. I have seen the direct bury for $1 a foot and even saw one place online with free shipping. I have 2 possibly 3 expansions I am going to do this way rather than go through all the hassle of running more lines or installing lifts.
    Jared

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12