+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quat????

Default Quat????

I'm wondering about using this to clean my totes but am concerned about it leaving a taste. Is anyone using it? Can I get some thoughts on this?

https://www.supplyworks.com/Search/C...=Quat&n=0Z12g3

I used a lot of the Quaternary ammonia in my day as a disinfectant. Although it was not for Maple syrup. It is used very commonly in the restaurant industry and food services. Just rinse well and you should be fine. I have splashed a small amount of water treated with it in my mouth and it had kind of a sweetness to it. It is an accepted disinfecting soap

Do not let it get into your septic system. I work as a wastewater operator in a dairy plant and that stuff is under lock and key and very rarely used as a very small amount will create major problems for us.

Great point super Sapper, I had not thought of that. I used it to disinfect fish rearing tanks for clean up. When I was recirculating and using nitrifying bacteria filters I could not use it because it killed my culture. A septic tank is one place you want a bacteria load and this stuff will absolutely kill it.

+ Reply to Thread