+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August journal

Default August journal

Starting the august journal a little early.....whats going on in the sugarworld? I worked this weekend on getting wood in...took a while to get everything set up and in place but i got around 6 cords in and stacked...i think i have enough cut to length and split once (needs to be split smaller still) to fill the woodshed....was blessed with perfect weather for the job...
    Excited about the events i have lined up to make maple donuts at comming up this year which include 2 large 3 day music festivals.....have been working on making lots of maple sugar for these events...

Hope everyone is having a great summer
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.
    Charter member Andover/Salisbury Mapleholics
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4...s009bx4.th.jpg

Bottled 22 gallons Friday night to get our stock of quarts and pints back up. Made a bunch of lollipops and sold every one we had to our 2 local convenience store customers. 48 degrees Saturday morning at 5 AM, felt like early fall and like I should be tugging on sap lines. Looking forward to September......miss the woods for sure.

In the midst of setting up a new bush on 3/16ths. Have about 300 taps running into a 3/4 mainline. Longest run of 3/16 will be about 800 feet and all lines average around 20 taps each. Have a 50 feet drop then plateau and then another 20 ft drop to the main. Time will tell
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Other than bottling and selling maple I've been enjoying this summer. Biggest fish so far was a 38" 16lb northern pike.

Firewood is pretty much Done, got the Roof Boards and most of the siding on the new Sugarhouse last weekend. Built most of the interior walls, still need to build CouPala and side Gabel ends.I've been selling syrup pretty steady going to run out in October id say.so I will need to buy some again this year.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

The weather here has been much cooler with lots of rain. So on those days when I can't make hay (about every day for a week) we have been in the woods. I had a couple of teenagers former students of mine ask me for a little work (a first for me) and they have been doing excellent work. We are working on replacing main lines, which includes adding more lines to shorten the distance to the trees and replacing all the 5/16 and drops and of course adding on taps. So far we have replaced 4 main lines completely and picked up about 150 new taps in the process. I am looking forward to the increased vacuum and tap count.
    Jared

Not much going on in the maple world here, but we are getting ready for the grand European vacation.
    Iceland to Germany to France to Ireland and a few more days back in Iceland before returning home.

It’s not likely we’ll take a trip of this magnitude again, so my wife would like a holiday full of class and charm and elegance.

I’ve other plans.
    Rampaging through the streets of Iceland sporting nothing but a loin cloth and horned helmet while screaming "YOLO!" sounds like a good start.
    I’ll make the rest up as I go.
    42.67N 84.02W

350 taps- 300 on vacuum, 50 buckets
    JD gator 625i Sap hauler w/65 gal tank
    Leader 2X6 drop flue

Homemade auto draw-off
    Homemade preheater
    Homebrew RO, 2- xle-4040's
    LaPierre double vertical releaser
    Kinney KC-8 vacuum pump

12X24 shack
    Lots of chickens and a few cats.

Working on firewood, here then some trips with the family. After that, I'll start working on a couple of lean-tos; one for the garage and one for the sugar house.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

I was station in Iceland when I was in the service Tweegs. Before I got there they told me there was a woman behind every tree!!! If you haven't been there before you will understand when you get there. Absolutely beautiful country. Lots of geothermal and waterfalls.

Craig

moving 3 pump stations to the woods, doing some trenching for power and mainlines this week and putting forms up for so our sap tanks have a concrete pad to sit on. Also have to insulate and put the ceiling in the new sugarhouse but we'll see how much ambition I have left
    Maple Man 85
    Anthony & Rebecca Renken
    2017=200 taps
    2018=4000 taps (goal) 3000 taps (actual)
    2019=7000 taps (goal)
    30x45 Sugar House
    4x16 Leader Vortex
    www.northwoodsmaplefarm.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast