+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Promotional plastic Micro-Jugs (< 40 ml)?

Default Promotional plastic Micro-Jugs (< 40 ml)?

I have an upcoming show I will be attending as a vendor, and the promoter is doing swag bags. As part of my entry, I'm required to supply some sort of promotional item for our business. I need to do like 100 of these things, so cost is a concern. Since it will be in a bag rattling around with other things, I don't want to do any nip glass (and the cost is more than I want to do). I considered PET plastic Boston rounds in something like 25 ml sizes, but the hot fill syrup temp exceeds the plastic fill limits.

I once saw a micro-jug that one of my retail outlets was carrying from another syrup maker. The store closed and I don't have any way of tracking them down. This "jug" was plastic, and looked like a sugarhill container, but it was the size of a shelled walnut. Seriously, this thing was way smaller than 40 ml. More like 15 ml. Said maple syrup printed right on it. Smallest thing I had ever seen.

I don't see them anywhere in anyone's catalogs or on Sugarhill's site. Has anyone ever seen these things or know where I could them?
    -Laz

CDL carries a Les Cruchon jug in a 1.36 ounce that just says maple syrup on it.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Smallest I have seen ( I carry for the one retail customer I have) 40ml, both CDL and D@G carry.
    54 Acres bought in Sept 2010, hope for a lot of fun
    Kabota 3400 w/ bucket
    couple Husky chainsaws and a couple of Stihl
    Big dream
    2011 = 106 on gravity tubing, 100 bucket
    2012 =700 vaccuum 100 gravity 80 bucket's
    30" x 12' Vortex with Leader Revolution Max Raised pans
    2013 = 1200 vac, 200 gravity, 5 buckets, buying from 300 buckets, 500 vac
    Springtech RO 600 Deluxe
    2015= 1800 all vac @ home, buying sap from 1200.
    2017= 2200 all on vac. no longer buying sap

Sugarhill Plastics does have a 3/4 oz. container. Tom Spinks is our contact. His phone number is 585-721-3788.
    Home of the machined 5 X 5 Hand Filter Presses Made in the USA
    Chairman of Lake Erie Maple Expo
    Dealer for DSD Stars, MemProTec RO'S, SUNRISE METAL SHOP, Bosworth Pumps
    Becker Vacuum Pumps

Looking online for Sugarhill, I see a 3.4 oz jug but not a 3/4 oz jug. 3.4 oz is 100 ml. For your sake I hope they have smaller jugs.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I talked to a Sugarhill sales person about these today. They do have them. They just aren't in the catalogue or on line. They are listed in a D&G 2016 book.
    Home of the machined 5 X 5 Hand Filter Presses Made in the USA
    Chairman of Lake Erie Maple Expo
    Dealer for DSD Stars, MemProTec RO'S, SUNRISE METAL SHOP, Bosworth Pumps
    Becker Vacuum Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I have an upcoming show I will be attending as a vendor, and the promoter is doing swag bags. As part of my entry, I'm required to supply some sort of promotional item for our business. I need to do like 100 of these things, so cost is a concern. Since it will be in a bag rattling around with other things, I don't want to do any nip glass (and the cost is more than I want to do). I considered PET plastic Boston rounds in something like 25 ml sizes, but the hot fill syrup temp exceeds the plastic fill limits.

I once saw a micro-jug that one of my retail outlets was carrying from another syrup maker. The store closed and I don't have any way of tracking them down. This "jug" was plastic, and looked like a sugarhill container, but it was the size of a shelled walnut. Seriously, this thing was way smaller than 40 ml. More like 15 ml. Said maple syrup printed right on it. Smallest thing I had ever seen.

I don't see them anywhere in anyone's catalogs or on Sugarhill's site. Has anyone ever seen these things or know where I could them?

Have you considered doing a maple lollipop or sucker? How about a syrup stick? Then your cost is in nickels and dimes and you can knock out 100 pieces relatively quickly. They are nice and you can put your label on them. More importantly, you aren't put in a hole just to attend the show.

I hope the show organizers are not also charging you a fee on top of the 100 pieces. IMHO, I decline invitations to events that have a steep fee for vendors (and then whack the customer with an entrance fee to boot). Honestly, some places use vendors as the main revenue source. I steer away from those.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Red face

Yeah, I would ordinarily not attend shows that charge an entrance fee for customers, other than high school holiday craft shows, which we do a lot of. This one does charge admission, and the booth fee is on the slightly larger side, plus the promos. It's a new event series and previous ones have gotten rave reviews from other vendors. I checked with a few selling similarly low-priced items like me (as opposed to say, artwork) and they made some impressive revenue. So, I'm giving it a try.

The lollipop is a good idea, but I wish I was better able to make the hard candies. I'm afraid rattling around in a swag bag with other things it will chip and break. I do get asked a lot for the hard candies but they are a nightmare to make at scale and the price I get for them is not worth making them.
    -Laz

+ Reply to Thread