+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New sugar house for 4x10 evaporator

Default New sugar house for 4x10 evaporator

I have a 2x6 evaporator right now and I'm going to a 4x10 wood fired looking at what size sugar house I should go with it's going on a new piece of property I just bought. I can also mill all my own lumber so my biggest expense will be the slab. Just looking see what people think I'm probably going to put a sink in too.
    Not planning on having an RO but will have a filter press and a finisher. There will be a 1000 gallon tank that will be mounted on the back side of it

I am in the Process of building a new sugar house, it will have a 20x30 interior and a 20x6 shed roof for wood on the front Gable end. I have a 2.5 x10 arch and I built sugarhouse thinking it could handle a 3x10or3x12. I think it's big enough but I guess you need to consider if your going to have a separate Kitchen and Canning area, what kind of requirements you need as far as space for that, my kitchen is going to be 7x13, which in hind sight is probably a little on the small side. 10or 11x13 would have been much nicer if I had the cash flow to go 24feet wide.

Also I have 10' walls so it would be relatively easy to add onto each side if I want to some day. Good luck lots of fun building a new sugar house.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

+ Reply to Thread