+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sizing for a small pump

Default Sizing for a small pump

I am setting up a bush with about 500 taps, I have a deleval 73 and currently have a 3/4 main that has been used with a shurflo for 3 years. For a wet/dry line setup and hopes of getting as much vacuum as possible throughout, I am considering 1 1/4 dry line over the 3/4. Total length will be 800 feet. Opinions please. This will be my main sap source so I wish to set it up the right way. I have read the charts from Cornell and see that the larger line has much less loss. Just trying to make best use out of the pump. There is a possibility of future expansion that I am also taking into account (probably 800 max taps total)
    The pump and releaser will be close ( 5ft ) and include a balance tank with a 2" straight in between, I do not have power close so it will be gas powered.
    Thank you for your thoughts
    Robert.
    Last edited by Robert K; 07-07-2017 at 08:19 AM.

I was In the same situation and chose and 1.25 inch dry line with 1 inch wet line. I ran a d 73 at 20 inches and had good results. I also based it on the Cornell vacuum book.
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

I would go with 1" for your wet line as well. Price difference is minimal for the extra capacity.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

Size the lines to your bush and tap count.
    Buy the Cornell Vacuum Book invaluable resource.
    The 73 is an outstanding pump with metal veins and has a common rail vein oiling system. Keep her clean and good oil and she will run for many years. I have one that will run 29" on 700+ taps on a tight tubing system.
    The system is mostly all 1" with a dozen ladders. Great Pump for a small bush!

+ Reply to Thread