Hi Folks,

Sometimes a thread or certain posts get a bit heated. In general, the way I see it, it is playground rules here....no name calling or threats. If things get real bad the moderators can close a thread or ban certain members. Either of those are pretty rare events on this list.

If there is something posted that is really offensive, there are a couple of ways of handling it.

1. At the bottom of each posting, there are four little symbols on the left side. The fourth one in is a small triangle with an exclamation point in it. That is the "Report Post" button. When you click on it, it sends the moderator a note that a post violates some site rules (which are somewhat nebulous at this point). If it is deemed to have broken the rules, the moderators can take action.

2. Perhaps the simpler way if what somebody posts offends you is to add that person to your "ignore" list. Simply click on the posters name and "view profile" to go to their profile page. Then along the left hand side, click on the "Add to Ignore List". I've found this to be a fairly easy way to not read certain posts.

3. Another approach is to simply "not feed the trolls." If nobody responds to certain posts or posters (which you won't if you "ignore" them), then the issue eventually goes away on its own.

Maybe we need to have a "vote member off the island" button.

Note that I'm speaking for myself. I don't represent "MapleTrader.com" or the owners in any way. If they don't want me as a moderator, then they can revoke my privileges and membership any time they wish.

Tim Perkins