+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new sugar house interior?

Default new sugar house interior?

I am getting ready to pour concrete and was thinking 3' linear drain beside evaporator as well as 1 in center of kitchen area. What should i put in for the ro room?
    Was also thinking of using garage door panels for interior. Easy to install. Easy to clean. Easy to pay for. Already has insulation in it. Any thoughts?

i am eventually going to use FRP on walls after i sheath them in OSB.
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

I used the fiberglass barn type stuff from menards, I would highly recommend something behind it first as it is pretty weak on its own
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Flats plan is the way to go. Apply the FRP to OSB or some other type of plywood type product. It is nice to be able to wipe it down when it gets dirty. We glued and used white fasteners designed for use with FRP to secure ours to the sidewalls and for the ceiling we glued it and used vinyl firing strips to secure it.
    Gary
    16' X 24' Sugarhouse
    2' X 6' Leader Inferno Arch with Revolution Raised-Flue Pans, Smoky Lake preheater and hood
    Deer Run Maple gas-powered 250 RO
    WesFab 7" filter press
    Kubota 1100 RTV with tracks and 125 gallon tank for transporting sap
    800 taps on gravity and vacuum
    Very supportive wife who is the best coworker
    http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...ing-Sugarhouse

Quote Originally Posted by MISugarDaddy View Post
    Flats plan is the way to go. Apply the FRP to OSB or some other type of plywood type product. It is nice to be able to wipe it down when it gets dirty. We glued and used white fasteners designed for use with FRP to secure ours to the sidewalls and for the ceiling we glued it and used vinyl firing strips to secure it.
    Gary
    probably a 1/2 plywood or thicker would be better so if you screw something into it it will stay
    Business Name
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    Chumlee of the trader

Are you guys familiar with the garage panels? I have an Amish close by and it seems he sells tractor trailer loads. I could skip the plywood and have at least a little insulation. Tin like finish would make it easy to clean. Frp you have to have plywood and will still have additional cost if you choose to insulate. Am I missing something. Frp I saw at Lowe's seems cheap for over 35 bucks a sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by cjf12 View Post
    Are you guys familiar with the garage panels? I have an Amish close by and it seems he sells tractor trailer loads. I could skip the plywood and have at least a little insulation. Tin like finish would make it easy to clean. Frp you have to have plywood and will still have additional cost if you choose to insulate. Am I missing something. Frp I saw at Lowe's seems cheap for over 35 bucks a sheet.
    for me walls already insulated.
    to have something structural to screw something to i would think the thin metal used for the sheathing of the garage panels would not hold much. if what you are talking about is the preformed insulated panels you would find in a large commercial environment for prefab finished walls yea i might screw a strap to hold a piece of conduit but to hold any thing of weight i would not trust it.
    Business Name
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    Chumlee of the trader

All our walls and ceiling were insulated as well before we added the 1/2" OSB and FRP. It is nice, like Flats said, to be able to attach things to the wall and know it will stay put.
    Gary
    16' X 24' Sugarhouse
    2' X 6' Leader Inferno Arch with Revolution Raised-Flue Pans, Smoky Lake preheater and hood
    Deer Run Maple gas-powered 250 RO
    WesFab 7" filter press
    Kubota 1100 RTV with tracks and 125 gallon tank for transporting sap
    800 taps on gravity and vacuum
    Very supportive wife who is the best coworker
    http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...ing-Sugarhouse

Default drain feedback

Heres my thoughts on drains. 4×4 the whole length of house down the center. Actual linear drains want an arm and leg. I am thinking expanded metal stainless steel bent into a u shape 4x4x4 with open bottom. 25ft should be around $300 with it being bent already. Will be in 8' sections so removing wont be an issue if needed. May not be stiff enough to drive on but foot traffic should be fine. Thoughts?

I put a 4' section on either side of the evaporator and don't regret for one second spending the money for them. Well worth having something that won't rot rust or give out. I think putting them the whole length of the house will just turn into a dust/junk trap. You may end up with any and everything in it possibly plugging it up. Either way you go now's the time to do it right. My vote would be for the composite drains. No fun tearing up your hard work. Good luck,
    Brian Eldredge
    Mooncusser Maple
    16x24 post and beam sugar shack
    2x8 CDL maple pro Wes fab filter press
    Lots of shiny stuff now I need some more trees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast