+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peach tree

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce L View Post
    Hey Spud,what about cherries,do you grow them,looking online thinking of trying the black gold variety
    I have 10 cherry trees. They are Evan's Bali, North Star, Montmorency and Kristin. I made cherry jam last summer and it was outstanding. I bought a cherry pitter for this year.

Spud

I planted 7 fruit trees from Starks 3 years ago. 6 doing fine but one of the cherries didn't bloom this year. Didn't seem like it died so I left it alone and now it is pushing out leaves and branches from the bottom part of the tree. Top still does not seem dead but all the new growth is on the first 14 inches or so of the trunk. Any ideas on why and what to do with it?
    2x3 Patrick Phaneuf Divided Pan
    Homemade arch
    RB20 RO Bucket
    121 taps total
    Sugar Shack in future
    Wife into it as much as me
    Also do homebrew

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/ZMANSYRUP/

One of my cherry trees that I planted last year looked a bit sick all last summer. I decided that if it looked sick again this spring I was going to pull it up. It started out slow this spring but now it is doing great and has several new branches some being 16-20 inches long. I would wait and see what these new branches do on your tree. These trees have a mind of their own.

Spud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123