+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highland cattle folks moving on...

Default Highland cattle folks moving on...

Wel we sold our city house. We looked for monthsdrove about a thousand miles,used up alot of gas in our search for a place to be comfortable. We had no luck in finding our few acres and a quiet place. Around here people are holding on to what tgey have or going into foreclosure. It was frustrating and depressing. After alot of soul searching we decided to find a place near our oldest daughter and her family. We can see our rapidly growing grandkids more. Time just seems to be going by so quickly. Its been 11 months since we left our farm not a day goes by that we dont miss it. Its an ache that wont go away. Ron misses wandering the fields.cutting firewood and of course making syrup. I miss my privacy,knowing where all my beloved animals were buried,the freedom of just walking aroynd and not having to see anyone. We really like the little house we bought. BUT its not home. We just live here. The neighbor have all been here a ling time,many related. We're outsiders. I feel exposed and isolated. A couple of nearby families decided to envolve us in long standing disputes. A couple of very scary confrontations(they came on our property to go nuts)so we stay in the house and now will be gone by Tuesday. Our new place is a small ranch,which we really need because stairs are nearly impossible at this point. Its in a small village about 10 minutes from our daughter. When we look across the road we can see the farm fields. There are no sidewalks. So i wont trip when i go for a walk. my sight is failing. Its very quiet with small neatly cared for homes with some beautiful Victorian houses sprinkled in. There are flower beds,a deck with an outdoor room and lots of small projects to keep us busy. There are maple trees,not sugars though. So a compromise. We will make this work. We will pray for good neighbors and a quiet,simple lifestyle. Sometimes this is just how things work out. It could be worse.we'll update you later. Spending the next few days getting ready. Told my cats,get set,its happening again. They have a patio door in the dining room that opens to the deck. I think theyll spend alot of time there. Ill hang my flower baskets,plant a garden,feed the birds and squirrels. So keeping upbeat and going forward. Summer heat and big storms predicted for the coming week,so everyone stay safe.

You have been there about a month, I hope it is working out well for you. I know seeing the grand kids IS big. All 4 of our kids stayed local, one is 5 minutes away, walking, one is 5 minutes by car, one is next door and then the farthest away one is 30 minutes drive. We get to see all of them, especially the first 3 routinely, the one who is 30 minutes away, less often, but they are not stranger either.
    My all your (good) dreams come true.
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread