I can't wrap my head around how some think selling syrup slightly less than they potentially could drives market down......for instance selling at 40 a gallon, or selling 2.25 bulk to a client when he's paying 2.50 now......in fact it does just the opposite- speeds up consumption.....there is only one reason that the prices are down and that's a flooded market, weather it's due to over production or lack of marketing. These Packers are charging the same per lb to say general Mills cereal or hood ice cream, they have not reduced their price whatever it may be......we producer have had our price lowered because these Packers are drowning in syrup, they dont need anymore and can't jeoporadize having a huge overstock......by one selling 50-150 gallons to a buyer at .25 less than what he's paying now will only speed up his consumption.....pretty unlikely he's going to post on Facebook or go tell everyone that he gets it for .25 less than he was and every bulk buyer of syrup should only pay that and stop buying at the .25 more price.....that's obsurd......ive been in business, not just syrup, for 13 years and certain customers are only going to pay a certain price for what they use or service they need, does not matter if you like it or agree, that's just how it is. In my line of business some pay 1.90 a square foot and other cheapies pay 1.20.....whats funny is the cheap budget spec home builder never pays 1.90 and the high end builder never pays 1.20 a foot.....funny stuff,.......look at Farmers they get 15-20 a hundred for milk they have no other place to sell except a packer like Cabot, they can't sell 600 gallons of milk a day and certainly can't afford a bottling plant- Sugaring is falling into same footprint, and it's due to marketing ability, only the packers and bottlers have large capabilities to market and sell huge quantity