+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4x 40 ro build need help with the pump

Default 4x 40 ro build need help with the pump

Im looking to build a ro for next year. I have on electric at my shack so i was woundering if this pump would work https://www.sprayersupplies.com/4101...Uw0aAs2O8P8HAQ. I know i doesnt get the pressure that somepeople run. But just woundering if it would work or if it would plug up the membrane. Im planning on having it recirculate in my feed tank. Thank you for any input i get

That pump can do 150 PSI intermittent, but an RO runs continuously in terms of pump specs. The pump is only good for 100 PSI continuous. While there are membranes that will function at 100 PSI you are then at the absolute minimum needed. At almost $600 for that pump, you can do better.
    A Procon pump can beat that in PSI, GPH and price. You will want to check with others who have built their own RO, but this one might work http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROCON-113A1...-/381807060611
    It needs a 1/2 HP motor to get 200 PSI, ? to get the 250 PSI max. If this is the right pump, it is SS and performs better at a total lower cost even with the motor to drive it. There may also be others even better suited to run an RO.
    Realize too, that brass is being phased out for sap contact in a year or 2.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread