+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alamo oilers

i have a 90 degree elbow comming off the bottom of the reclaimer with an elbow. On side goes to oil filter with a ball valve to supply drippers the other side goes to a ball valve with a clear drain hose to drain water. I have run the pump for maybe a total of 10 hours so far and have not noticed any water separating from the oil. Might be different when running it in the cooler weather maybe.
    What I have noticed is vibration is not good for the copper connections. I used flare fittings for all my oil connections. The copper eventually just broke off at the fitting and pulled out leaving the flare behind. I'm working on cutting the vibration and hopefully mounting the reclaimer on a totally separate stand. Not even touching the pump base. The separate base can hold my larger fuel tank and reclaimer. Going to be my winter project.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

This large amount of vibration is very odd. Check the pulley of the pump for something causing an imbalance, ie mud wasp larva cocoon, damaged pulley, etc.

if there were two veins stuck that were side by side you would get a little vibration but not this much normally.

there has to be a reason for it; but you can always mack a loop of the copper line to absorb some of the vibration.

I have an ongoing problem with vibration, the gas engines make a lot of vibration compared to an electric motor, I've always chalked it up to that. I welded some bracing on mine from the 1 1/2" up to the bottom edges of the reclaimer. helped a lot.
    Ian McDonald
    2000 on vacuum
    1000gph cdl ro
    2.5'x12' intensofire

I mounted the whole pump on a skid on unistrut and damped the vibration a bit with rubber pads. Only thing I have to figure out is how to keep the copper coil comming off the oil filter from rattling around. After about 6 hours of running the copper flare breaks off.
    I was thinking of using a small chunk of rad hose between the oil filter and the copper line. Give it some flex.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345