+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RO Choices

Default RO Choices

I am going to purchase an RO this spring for next year. I am looking at a 2 post 8 inch membrane machine. I have looked into Leader, CDL and MES. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these machines either good or bad. The MES sounds great but they are located a long ways away. I have CDL and Leader dealers withing a 2 hour drive. I also have Lapierre dealer close, but have not dealt with them at all. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have a Lapierre 600 Turbo with 2- 8" membranes, It works great, very easy and simple to use, very simple to clean! Very user friendly and costumer service has been great!
    3x10 Dallalre, oil fired, Stainless steel.
    Steam hoods front and rear with preheater.
    1500 taps on vac, right to sugar house.
    900 on Gravity
    New Busch 3 Phase Vacuum. (2010)
    Lapierre 600 Turbo with 2 - 8" posts
    36 years of MAPLE ENJOYMENT!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...93710737313171

I have dealt with MES. I have been very impressed. Clayton has welded up fittings at 10:00 at night to get me back together. But I would suggest a closer source for you. Local 24/7 support during season is high on my list.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I have the Leader High Concentrate 2 post 8'' This was my 3rd season with it. Worked flawless. easy to clean, Leaders has great customer service. On a single pass i will get 12%-15% concentrate with good flow rates.

Nowadays, pretty much any manufacturers RO will do a good job for you. Like others have said, having good dealer and manufacturer support is very important if you have troubles during the season. When your machine goes down on a Saturday night and you are flooded with sap, having someone you can call for help is worth much more than saving a few dollars up front buying from someone who isn't there to help you afterwards.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

+ Reply to Thread