+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mainline tool

Default Mainline tool

Does anybody have plans/pictures for making a mainline tool? Looking for 3/4" 1". Or is anybody making them, besides the manus.
    Danno
    Just West of Syracuse
    3 x 10 Lightning
    Sihi Vacuum
    Sap Bros RO
    600 taps and buying sap

I bought mine from the Maple Guys. I got a kit with it to convert sizes. The main tool is 1.25" and 1.5", I have adapters that bolt on for the tool to be 3/4" and 1". The tool came with a hand crank which was too slow for my liking so I cut off the crank and now it just has a nut on the end to turn it. When I'm using it I carry a 1/4" drive cordless impact tool and the socket to fit the nut. Now the tool works at great speed and is far easier to use. Sometime I'll have to get pictures of it and of the adapters to convert the sizes and post them.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I knew it was in here somewhere.

http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...=mainline+tool

I made one using Jake's description. I only have grips for 3/4 and 1" mainline rather than the 3 grips Jake shows.
    I didn't weld on a crank, rather I welded a nut so I can use my cordless drill as described in the last post of the thread.
    I've been using it for a few years, works well.

HTH

+ Reply to Thread