+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need something for filtering and botlling next year.. but what

These are all good options especially if you are staying in a budget. If you do not mind spending more (around $3000 total), a filter press and electric water jacketed bottler is the most trouble free and least time consuming option. I would never go back to filters after having a press as I have to do everything myself. The electric water jacketed bottler allows you to do other things as the syrup heats up without worry of going too hot and will maintain the temp as long as it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sapper View Post
    These are all good options especially if you are staying in a budget. If you do not mind spending more (around $3000 total), a filter press and electric water jacketed bottler is the most trouble free and least time consuming option. I would never go back to filters after having a press as I have to do everything myself. The electric water jacketed bottler allows you to do other things as the syrup heats up without worry of going too hot and will maintain the temp as long as it is on.
    I couldn't agree more, if I had an extra 3k plus I would do and intend to do just that.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

just a little practice file:///C:/Users/Tony/Pictures/float%20box%20copper.jpg before a water jacket canner

Avantco 110 cup stainless coffee urn - 3 gallons... big enough around for your cone filter. $60 and free shipping is budget friendly.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ava...7CU110ETL.html

1005651.jpg
    Last edited by Mark B; 05-14-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    2017- Started small-made 7 gallons. Long days & few nights on a 1x2 and turkey fryer.

2018- Bought a 2x4 and built a small scale RO. 21 gallons.

2019- moved up to 100 gph procon for my home built RO. Built a steamhood. About 220 taps and 21 gallons again.

2020- 140 procon on the R0. Added a new mainline at my in laws. 330 taps for 24 gallons, sold excess sap.

that is a pretty cool little unit and cheap. wish I found that when I started out. now I make too much for it and growing each year adding 20 to 40 taps each year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12