+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pileated woodpecker trying to get a drink?

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMaple View Post
    Well just say I'm leery under the hemlocks. They seem to hang out in them. I can sometimes find them by the freshly dropped branches and the piss stains under the trees when theres snow on the ground. I'm going to start giving them the choice of lead or swimming the river, so look out!
    I personally wouldn't give them the choice!
    2016-First year
    17 Taps
    Block arch & steam pans
    About 1 1/2 gallons
    2017-20 taps
    About 3 gallons
    2018-13 taps
    Same Block arch & steam pans (modified arch & pans)
    2019-12 taps (keep losing trees)
    2020-Brand new Smokey Lake StarCat evaporator, about 15 taps.
    43.62N 87.78W

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMaple View Post
    Well just say I'm leery under the hemlocks. They seem to hang out in them. I can sometimes find them by the freshly dropped branches and the piss stains under the trees when theres snow on the ground. I'm going to start giving them the choice of lead or swimming the river, so look out!
    We had porcupines at a kids camp in central lower Michigan. They used to chew through the varnished posts on the primitive cabins to get to the cedar or hemlock posts that made the buildings. They also consumed a regular diet of lead.
    2017- Started small-made 7 gallons. Long days & few nights on a 1x2 and turkey fryer.

2018- Bought a 2x4 and built a small scale RO. 21 gallons.

2019- moved up to 100 gph procon for my home built RO. Built a steamhood. About 220 taps and 21 gallons again.

2020- 140 procon on the R0. Added a new mainline at my in laws. 330 taps for 24 gallons, sold excess sap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123