+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning your Pool in Spring

Default Cleaning your Pool in Spring

I have a swimming pool at home and I can't wait to hit the water before the weather clears up for a good swim. Here are some tips on how to get your pool ready for spring ( http://www.soldapools.com/blog/pools...ing-tips-pool/ ):

1) Trim: this would be a good idea if you have any vegetation around the pool. This would be extra beneficial if the plants are evergreen and have been growing all winter. If you open the pool before trimming the plants your pool might end up with a lot of leaves, twigs and flowers.

2) Pool Cover: If you have got water accumulated on your pool cover over the winter then you might want to pump it all off. If there are only leaves and debris then you just have to do a quick sweep.

3) Pool Water: You could start by removing the plugs from the skimmer and then insert the skimmer basket. It would be a good idea to add more water than necessary so that you can compensate for the water loss.

4) Filter Pump: Check the pump and filter for any damage. You could replace the drain plugs by using Teflon tapes. It would also be better to prime the pump up with water before starting the motor. Apply a pool lubricant to the pump lid o-ring and then replace the pump lid.

"This site is designed for maple producers from beginners to novice to share the maple experience and learn from each other from around the sugar world. It is not for the use of equipment manufactures,Dealers to promote their products" . . . um, or pools.

Do you have a check valve between the pool and the hose for the filter? You really should put one there to prevent bacteria from getting back into the pool and causing premature drying of the pool. You can about double your swimming season, from rough six to twelve weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Or maybe an aof to heat the water for a nice mid sugaring season swim.
    first year 2012 50 taps late season made 2 1/2 gals.

2013 2x6 homemade arch 180 taps. 20 Gals.

2014 40 on 3/16 gravity 160 on buckets.

http://omasranch.wix.com/omasmaple

Right, I meant to say how many gallons sap storage does the off-season pool provide?

+ Reply to Thread