+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shurflo

I did that this past season. 30 gallon barrel, elevation 20-25', distance 600', 1/2" pipe, Shurflo 4008 at bottom of hill, pumped up hill to sugarhouse. It worked but slow, about 1 gpm, and the pump was straining especially when battery was low. It was a little faster when I connected a second pump at the top with both running but not double. Worked out OK since I could just start the pump as I boiled sap, then turn it off whenever. I used the same pump that is used for vacuum, just connected valves to redirect flow and to drain lines. I have a video of this setup, link in my signature, but it does not show transfer pumping. I will use the same setup next year, sure beats lugging in buckets.

Dave
    Mountain Maple farm
    2022 NAMSC award winning dark amber syrup
    2023: 320 taps, 70% red maples. Mountain Maple S4 diaphragm pump controller with automated sap transfer and text messaging
    https://www.mountainmaplefarm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainMapleFarm/

Going from lugging to pumping is like going from gravity to vacuum, once you do it you're some glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Sparrow View Post
    First photo manifold is connected to pump bypass (night time), in third photo manifold is connected to pump. loop standing up is where I put the gauge (gauge comes in at night).
    Thanks for sharing the pict & description! Pictures are very helpful for those who would like to do something similar but have no clue how. This is something I'll be setting up on two of my lines next year.
    Leader WSE 2x6 w/hoods
    12"x20" Mason Finisher
    250 taps.. Majority on tubing
    14'x20' sugarshack
    Kubota RTV900XT
    Home built Auto Drawoff
    Leader MicRO 2 RO
    www.mallardpondmaple.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12