+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    Nothing to do with your being a hunter. I hunt. It is because you are complaining about an inaction by someone you don't know or the circumstances surrounding it on land that is not yours.
    Actually now the land belongs to every taxpayer in Massachusetts........ I have contacted Mass Wildlife.......interested to see their response
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

Quote Originally Posted by WESTMAPLES View Post
    yeah it is a shame that the woods where left like that , i think i know who used to process the sap for the woods anyway. but i believe it was the past land owner that tapped the woods to sell the sap and when he passed away during the end of the season from old age, the family donated the land just the way it was because they where city slickers ..... don`t get to worked up , because isn`t always the neglect of the person who put them there.... im sure he is looking down wishing someone would pull his taps for f#$& sake ... john i think you could help that wish of his come true
    yeah we are going to at least try/offer to help clean up the woods.....guess I would not get so worked up if it wasn't such a beautiful place.........and I know in a lot of states things like this would be frowned on by the local government. The irony is that they frown on throwing old fishing line and 6 pack rings out in the wilderness and then you see a mess like this and nobody says a thing
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn

yeah your moving in the right direction trying to offer to clean it up.... i hope they let you do so. honestly ive seen other sugar bushs, farms and houses left in the same state when out hunting, fishing or even going to look a a new excavation job.... and it does hurt to see mother nature dumped on like that, but who is to blame for the mess you found?? i wouldn`t place the blame on the dead farmer, more like the family, but even then they passed the buck to the MW . trust me ive picked up my fair share of roadside trash to try to help me feel like i still did my part in keeping my little area of the country nice or nicer then it was
    Last edited by WESTMAPLES; 04-24-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Update- Mass Wildlife has ordered the stewardship biologist to evaluate the disaster that was left over the acreage and devise a plan to clean the mess up. This sugarbush will become available to lease from the state only because it was an established sugaring area for a long time. They agree that it is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

very good job john !! since you reported it, you should try to lease a small amount of it , to make it a sweet ending to the horrible mess you found
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Saying "not cool" and "I'm pissed" is passing judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpma View Post
    William you seem to have an axe to grind and are unable to let this go?? Is it because I'm a hunter? Or that I care? William let me ask you this: would you ever leave your property in the condition described? For me it's not cool and I am pissed but I'm willing to investigate and do my part to make it better, offer my help and hopefully turn what was once a productive sugar bush into something beneficial for somebody.....My God!!

My family spends a ton of time in the woods hunting hiking fishing. I have always taught my boys to leave the woods with more than you brought in..and yes on land we do not own! They respect the land we are allowed to hunt. They clean up their empty shell cases and have even volunteered to help farmers that allow us usage of their property........

I work closely with a logger in Bennington VT...how would your own state look at the described situation if it was part of the Green Mountain Forest?
    Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
    Maybe I'm outta line here, but maybe you should understand the whole situation before passing judgement?

The OP didn't say he was calling the pollution control agency on anyone, just that the situation he described is "not very cool". I'm inclined to agree; anyone leaving any woods like that is not very cool. I'm not gonna get my undies in a bundle about it, but if I, or anyone else wants to post on a forum about how cool it isn't, that's their right I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
    You're right William, the OP is totally wrong. It is super cool that someone left a bunch of plastic garbage in the woods.
    Exactly what I am saying. I would not leave my woods like that. They are my woods.

Do we all need a quit room to go into with ocean sounds and a light wind blowing so relax us 🤣
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

+ Reply to Thread