+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wiam View Post
    Maybe if you are going to complain about a situation you should tell the whole story up front.
    Maybe I'm outta line here, but maybe you should understand the whole situation before passing judgement?

The OP didn't say he was calling the pollution control agency on anyone, just that the situation he described is "not very cool". I'm inclined to agree; anyone leaving any woods like that is not very cool. I'm not gonna get my undies in a bundle about it, but if I, or anyone else wants to post on a forum about how cool it isn't, that's their right I reckon.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Be thankful it's just tubing and taps, in southeastern MA, people use the MWA for their personal hazardous waste dump, and murder victims. ..

Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
    Maybe I'm outta line here, but maybe you should understand the whole situation before passing judgement?

The OP didn't say he was calling the pollution control agency on anyone, just that the situation he described is "not very cool". I'm inclined to agree; anyone leaving any woods like that is not very cool. I'm not gonna get my undies in a bundle about it, but if I, or anyone else wants to post on a forum about how cool it isn't, that's their right I reckon.
    Saying "not cool" and "I'm pissed" is passing judgement.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

William you seem to have an axe to grind and are unable to let this go?? Is it because I'm a hunter? Or that I care? William let me ask you this: would you ever leave your property in the condition described? For me it's not cool and I am pissed but I'm willing to investigate and do my part to make it better, offer my help and hopefully turn what was once a productive sugar bush into something beneficial for somebody.....My God!!

My family spends a ton of time in the woods hunting hiking fishing. I have always taught my boys to leave the woods with more than you brought in..and yes on land we do not own! They respect the land we are allowed to hunt. They clean up their empty shell cases and have even volunteered to help farmers that allow us usage of their property........

I work closely with a logger in Bennington VT...how would your own state look at the described situation if it was part of the Green Mountain Forest?
    Last edited by johnpma; 04-23-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnpma View Post
    William you seem to have an axe to grind and are unable to let this go?? Is it because I'm a hunter? Or that I care? William let me ask you this: would you ever leave your property in the condition described? For me it's not cool and I am pissed but I'm willing to investigate and do my part to make it better, offer my help and hopefully turn what was once a productive sugar bush into something beneficial for somebody.....My God!!

My family spends a ton of time in the woods hunting hiking fishing. I have always taught my boys to leave the woods with more than you brought in..and yes on land we do not own! They respect the land we are allowed to hunt. They clean up their empty shell cases and have even volunteered to help farmers that allow us usage of their property........

I work closely with a logger in Bennington VT...how would your own state look at the described situation if it was part of the Green Mountain Forest?
    Nothing to do with your being a hunter. I hunt. It is because you are complaining about an inaction by someone you don't know or the circumstances surrounding it on land that is not yours.
    William
    950 taps
    CDL 600 expandable

You're right William, the OP is totally wrong. It is super cool that someone left a bunch of plastic garbage in the woods.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Really don't want to get involved with this thread, but leaving a woods like that has actually crossed my mind a few times. Kind of depends on the terms and the situation. If you were more than fair for many years to a landowner and they kicked you out from tapping, would you clean up the woods? or just walk away?
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

I think it's not so much what the OP said about the way the land was left but the way he said it, while I tend to agree with the OP that you should always leave someone else's property in as good or better condition than when you borrowed/used/recreated on it there still is a thin line between having an issue with how someone potentially leaves or maintained their own property. It's just a different way of thinking that's all.

I certainly don't want anyone to tell me what I can do with my property and the original post was kinda headed that way. Hense the "Don't get too Excited".
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by n8hutch View Post
    I think it's not so much what the OP said about the way the land was left but the way he said it, while I tend to agree with the OP that you should always leave someone else's property in as good or better condition than when you borrowed/used/recreated on it there still is a thin line between having an issue with how someone potentially leaves or maintained their own property. It's just a different way of thinking that's all.

I certainly don't want anyone to tell me what I can do with my property and the original post was kinda headed that way. Hense the "Don't get too Excited".
    Exactly what I am saying. I would not leave my woods like that. They are my woods.
    William
    950 taps
    CDL 600 expandable

Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    Really don't want to get involved with this thread, but leaving a woods like that has actually crossed my mind a few times. Kind of depends on the terms and the situation. If you were more than fair for many years to a landowner and they kicked you out from tapping, would you clean up the woods? or just walk away?
    Personally I'd clean it up.......but you are correct maybe the owner just boot the producer off his property
    Last edited by johnpma; 04-24-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast