+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wedding favors

Default Wedding favors

What does everybody charge for 1.7 oz nip bottles have a order for 120

3.25 works for me
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

i charge $3.00 ea did the 1.7 oz handle nips for my own wedding , then everybody wanted more .... it was the nicest inexpensive gift , that turned into more new customers then i could shake a stick at
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

$3.00 for any order over 100 bottle,have fun filling them if you don't have a vacumn bottler,borrow one if you know someone that has one.

I just made 100 of the 100ml (3.7oz) plastic bottles for my daughter's wedding this summer. They are going on a plane ride so went with the lightweight bottles. Cheaper too.

Dave
    Mountain Maple farm
    2022 NAMSC award winning dark amber syrup
    2023: 320 taps, 70% red maples. Mountain Maple S4 diaphragm pump controller with automated sap transfer and text messaging
    https://www.mountainmaplefarm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainMapleFarm/

How much do the 1.7 oz bottles cost-where do you get them from?

i don`t think you will need a fancy bottle filler, i did 2 boxes ( 96 in each ) in 40 mins with just a small nozzle bottle filler and i was capping them too. i bought the 1.7 oz galone handle nip bottles with caps for .65 cents each ( they are only sold by the case tho) from bascom`s when i was up there .
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Your price will depend on the cost of the nip itself. Don't have one flat rate for nips unless each has similar overhead. My most popular nip is the oval with the embossed maple leaves. Honestly, it's beautiful, but it's triple the cost of the gallone. The price for each nip is a combination of the syrup, the container, and your time/labor. Figure out the syrup and labor as constants then factor in the container. Don't forget to factor in shipping if necessary. When you price your syrup and labor, consider the market you are in and the fact that you have a niche product. If all they wanted was syrup in a little jar they could buy it off Etsy for nickels on your dollar. Customers generally reach out to specific sugarhouses because there is something about you, your syrup, or your location that they like and they want to share it with their friends and family.

I recommend you give the customer a proposal with various price points then let them decide. Sometimes people want a basic, but special favor. Other times, they want to splurge and they want their guests to know they splurged. When people see the high-end container and choose the less expensive one, they feel like they are getting a value. When people see the lower-priced one and choose the more expensive one, they feel like they are getting something high end. Either way the customer is satisfied and you are compensated the same way.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

+ Reply to Thread