+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the extracto thread?

Default Where's the extracto thread?

Political charged.....yes, but seen worse
    Unpolitically correct wording.... yes, but this is agriculture and many farms I deal with act the same way.
    Opinionated.... yes, but we all are
    Factual information.... turns out is was factual, maybe not to the degree he thought but still factual.

I just wanted to say sorry, and thank you to extracto. I don't know you. I have no idea what your intentions were, but you presented factual information. That's what these forums were created for. I would suggest next time to change the presentation different and you should get a more favorable reaction. I also want to say I'm sorry as a moderator from a different site, and fellow trader for your friends dilemma. I want to also say sorry that your post count was brought up with the information you presented. Again I would say word things differently and you would be fine, but still no excuse for being treated unfairly because you have 13 posts and others have 1000's.
    Hope everything works out.
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Since this thread was taken down a letter arrived from Vermont AG. And another from NH AG . It simply stated the plan of action.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moser's Maple View Post
    Political charged.....yes, but seen worse
    Unpolitically correct wording.... yes, but this is agriculture and many farms I deal with act the same way.
    Opinionated.... yes, but we all are
    Factual information.... turns out is was factual, maybe not to the degree he thought but still factual.

I just wanted to say sorry, and thank you to extracto. I don't know you. I have no idea what your intentions were, but you presented factual information. That's what these forums were created for. I would suggest next time to change the presentation different and you should get a more favorable reaction. I also want to say I'm sorry as a moderator from a different site, and fellow trader for your friends dilemma. I want to also say sorry that your post count was brought up with the information you presented. Again I would say word things differently and you would be fine, but still no excuse for being treated unfairly because you have 13 posts and others have 1000's.
    Hope everything works out.
    Where was the facts? Most of what was presented was hearsay, except for an undated letter and he was claiming that the spouts were poisonous without any proof. Yes if the OP had come and said he had heard there was some trouble with some spouts and what did others know about it,then it would have been an appropriate thread, but the way he kept going on about CDL it was borderline libel.
    Last edited by BAP; 04-14-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

This isn't the first thread that has been removed for this reason. I think it is pretty clear why it was, but I have read this: http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...729#post317729

Perhaps other have not....
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Where was the facts? Most of what was presented was hearsay, except for an undated letter and he was claiming that the spouts were poisonous without any proof. Yes if the OP had come and said he had heard there was some trouble with some spouts and what did others know about it,then it would have been an appropriate thread, but the way he kept going on about CDL it was borderline libel.
    The guy whited out the some things to maintain another persons anonymity. Apparently, he was the first to go online with it because it's getting around to others now. He went a little overboard probably because he had strong feelings about what was happening to his friend. There were several who made a point of correcting him. I'm starting to become a little concerned about just what is acceptable to post about anymore regarding products. What can we say when we have valid concerns about a product flaw? For example, If I have a problem with a product and want to post about it, what would be wrong with that? It may be that someone comes on and corrects me or offers a simple solution. It's a big part of what gets talked about on this forum and it serves an important purpose. If the poster is coming on a little too strong then maybe they can be notified and asked to re-phrase some things in a new post. I really don't know how it works or what can be done. I only know that I'm wondering what is acceptable as of late. There are thousands of other posts, good and bad, about products that have been allowed to stand over the years and we all know it.
    Last edited by madmapler; 04-14-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Sean

2013-1st year...94 taps, 12x24 sugarhouse, home built evap. Gast 2065 pump with bender
    releaser.
    2014-30x36 sugarhouse, 2.5x10 "Jutras" evaporator, 1200+ taps on vacuum, sap brothers RO. 2 sihi 2 stage pumps, 440 gal.

2015- 1000gph memtek RO, 3250 Taps, 1200 gallons

2016- Modified grimm 4'x12' evaporator with auf and aof with air preheater. Home built airtight arch front. 4250 taps?

2017- 2400gph. Lapierre RO, 10" filter press, 5000 taps

There was at least one thread already started about this issue.

http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...flavored-syrup

Obviously discussion of products, their quality, and issues producers are having is going to be discusses here. The line, at least in the mind of the owner of this forum, is when one begins to slander a manufacturer. Clearly that happened in this case...

This is a community of people, many of whom have been here for a while, and many of whom know or have met each other outside of the "online" context of this community. When someone comes here and begins to slander someone else, I would like to think we can all agree that it is unacceptable. We don't all agree all the times, and perhaps don't really like each other, but most of the time we can have a civil conversation.

Imagine you are at a gathering with a bunch of people you know. Some you know well, and some you don't. If someone showed up and behaved in a belligerent and disrespectful manner and began slandering another individual or group at the gathering, would that be acceptable? Maybe if you all knew them and this individual was just kind of odd like the eccentric, drunk uncle many of us have it might be considered ok. But, if you had no idea who this person is, would that be ok?
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO

As a small maple syrup producer, I am concerned when I read or hear of any issue affecting the quality of the product, and the reputation of the industry. Even more so when it involves a manufacturer whose products I use in my operation.

Based on the Vermont Department of Agriculture (VDOA) letter in the thread, I contacted Henry Marckres at the VDOA for more information. His response was that there was an “odor and off flavor” resulting from the use of some CDL black clean spout reducers. There were limited sales of these reducers, which were produced in one particular production run. Testing of the syrup and reducers is ongoing, and there is a hold on all affected syrup. The reducers have been removed from all purchasers’ operations, and sales have been stopped. CDL is developing a plan to purchase the affected syrup. Four producers have been identified in Vermont (the limit of the VDOA’s jurisdiction). Dr. Perkins has posted a notice to this effect in the UVM Proctor News forum. I would like to see CDL’s official response also.

So, attention has drawn to the issue, and remediation appears to be in the works. CDL would certainly have a vested interest in the resolution of this issue to the satisfaction of all parties.
    Gary / Zena Crossroads / 42˚ 00' 24" N / Hobby in Early '70s, Addiction since 2014

175+ taps on 3/16 (60 of which are on two Lunchbox Vac/Releasers)
    12x34 timber framed sap house w/attached 10x34 shed roof for storage
    2 x 6 Smoky Lake hybrid pan on Corsair arch with AUF/steam hood/preheater/concentric exhaust
    7.0 KW Sun Power PV System, Smokey Lake Filter Press/Steam Bottler, Modified NGMP RO - 2 4x40 posts 200 gph

The guy was upset over what he perceived as an injustice and he "may" well be right. He did offer some seemingly valid evidence. The verdict isn't in yet. The guy was publicly chastised in that thread. Isn't that enough? GS, I think what you are describing in your post is a club, not a public forum. Sometimes we have to listen to what is "being" said and not so much "how" it was said.
    Sean

2013-1st year...94 taps, 12x24 sugarhouse, home built evap. Gast 2065 pump with bender
    releaser.
    2014-30x36 sugarhouse, 2.5x10 "Jutras" evaporator, 1200+ taps on vacuum, sap brothers RO. 2 sihi 2 stage pumps, 440 gal.

2015- 1000gph memtek RO, 3250 Taps, 1200 gallons

2016- Modified grimm 4'x12' evaporator with auf and aof with air preheater. Home built airtight arch front. 4250 taps?

2017- 2400gph. Lapierre RO, 10" filter press, 5000 taps

Quote Originally Posted by madmapler View Post
    The guy was upset over what he perceived as an injustice and he "may" well be right. He did offer some seemingly valid evidence. The verdict isn't in yet. The guy was publicly chastised in that thread. Isn't that enough? GS, I think what you are describing in your post is a club, not a public forum. Sometimes we have to listen to what is "being" said and not so much "how" it was said.
    But this is not a "public" forum. It is a private forum owned by "The Maple Guys" and they have ultimate control over what threads stay and what threads go. The fact that we can publicly discuss matters related to sugaring without having to pay a fee, unlike at Sugarbush Info., is something we should all be very thankful for. The owners or the moderators they trust took extracto's thread down because they don't want it in their private club that has public access.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralStark View Post
    without having to pay a fee, unlike at Sugarbush Info., .
    There is no fee on sugarbush info. It costs about $900.00 dollars per year to maintain the site and that is done by donations not fees. Remember maple trader is designed to steer customers to the Maple Guys and rightfully so as the owners of The Maple Guys I'm sure pay that much if not more to host this site. Please keep this In mind when your buying, selling or bragging about equipment on this forum.
    2x6.5 revolution drop flue homemade arch 2012
    Polaris big boss 6x6, Pug (ultimate utility vehicle) sap haulers
    20 taps 2010 93 taps 2011 ??? taps 2012
    12x18 sugar house
    Jonsered 2156, 2171, Husqvarna 346xp, all 3 saws are ported and polished with heated handlebars, Olympyk 999 for the big stuff.
    Thou shalt not Stihl.
    Favorite Color Polished Stainless Steel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast