+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Another Troubling Climate Article

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    Perhaps you can skip the long and drawn out preliminaries and enlighten us all by telling us all exactly where you're driving this particular version of the MapleTrader Titanic?
    He, HE,he, you are funny Dr. Tim! Thanks for enlightening my day. I seriously cracked up....all good.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTimPerkins View Post
    I don't believe the Bible explicitly states that a "day" is a 24-hr period. There has been considerable debate among Biblical scholars whether this passage should be interpreted chronologically, or topically. If the latter, the concept of time is immaterial. Popes have even weighed in that literal interpretations are not entirely possible because of translation issues from ancient writings in which the meanings of words/phrases were not always how they are understood today.
    "In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the seas, and all that is in them" (Exodus 20:11). Genesis 1 and 2 are historical narratives. I understand the content literally, not figuratively or poetically. Thus, the "days" of Genesis 1 are days - periods of time that have "evening" and "morning". There is nothing in the language of the Bible's creation account to indicate that the days were longer than 24-hour periods.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

I think we can agree that Biblical scholars with far greater credentials that any of us have spent centuries debating these writings (and translations) and have arrived at interpretations ranging from 6,000 years (strict new earth creationism interpretation) to nearly 14 billion years (strict old earth creation interpretation). I readily admit to NOT being a biblical scholar, although I have read the bible numerous times, and have taken some courses where this has been studied. Regardless, I don't think we will resolve this question here (or in my lifetime).
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    "In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the seas, and all that is in them" (Exodus 20:11). Genesis 1 and 2 are historical narratives. I understand the content literally, not figuratively or poetically. Thus, the "days" of Genesis 1 are days - periods of time that have "evening" and "morning". There is nothing in the language of the Bible's creation account to indicate that the days were longer than 24-hour periods.
    2 peter 3:8" But beloved , be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years , and a thousand years as one day"
    I would say clearly our creator sees a ''day" quite different then we do
    just for the record I believe the climate has been changing since creations beginning and will continue to change over time, and we as man may or may not have an effect on it good or bad. In the end the ability for us to live here on earth and to continue making Maple Syrup from Maple trees lies in God's hand not ours
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

Quote Originally Posted by sapmaple View Post
    2 peter 3:8" But beloved , be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years , and a thousand years as one day"
    I would say clearly our creator sees a ''day" quite different then we do
    just for the record I believe the climate has been changing since creations beginning and will continue to change over time, and we as man may or may not have an effect on it good or bad. In the end the ability for us to live here on earth and to continue making Maple Syrup from Maple trees lies in God's hand not ours
    References to 2 Peter 3:8 have no connection to the creation account.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    References to 2 Peter 3:8 have no connection to the creation account.
    Nor to a warming trend in winters in the Northeast, nor to climate change, nor to communism. And for that matter, your Biblical references don't have any connections to those either.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

[QUOTE=eustis22;333403>the earth and universe were made in 6, 24 hour days.

Ref: Inherit the Wind.

>Nitrogen fertilizers

So basically half of the amount used in the U.S. is used for feed and pasture. Nearly 5 metric tons per acre. Not to worry. As the feed lands dry out the factory herds will start shrinking.[/QUOTE]

So it has been a while since I was in bible school but since a day is the time period of one cycle of the sun then how do we know how long a day was prior to the formation of the sun and moon to separate day and night?

So if one is to believe the amount of 5 metric tons per acre that would mean 11,000# per acre and with there being 43560 square feet in an acre and the last load of urea we had delivered was 45 # / bushel( 1.24cu') that would be about 245 cu ft of urea on an acre on about a layer 9.7 inches deep. You can burn a hayfield off with as little as 100# of Nitrogen(217# urea) per acre. so there must be something that is missing in the calculation of 5 MTons per acre.

Thanks for the humorous thread. LOL

While I feel religion has nothing to do with this, I will play along and go down the rat-hole....

Numbers 35:33-34

You shall not pollute the land in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of the one who shed it. You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell, for I the Lord dwell in the midst of the people of Israel.”

The bible says don't pollute. That should be good enough for those that read it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

>making Maple Syrup from Maple trees lies in God's hand not ours

Funny,I never see God tapping.
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

Eustis you may be offended by this, but I just said a prayer for you.
    first year 2012 50 taps late season made 2 1/2 gals.

2013 2x6 homemade arch 180 taps. 20 Gals.

2014 40 on 3/16 gravity 160 on buckets.

http://omasranch.wix.com/omasmaple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast