+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Home build test run.

Has to be the pump for sure.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

We ran ours until I got sick of the drop in performance. I think you'll be surprised with the new pump and what difference higher pressure makes.

Ha! Got the new pump. Still the same. So I borrowed a generator that has 230 and wired it to that and the performance increased. So its an issue with the motor. Is not starved for voltage, it just wont draw much. I wired it to 115v and it doesn't seem to draw more than 5 amps. Just guessing by how My generator reacts. It runs normal and doesn't heat up more than lukewarm. But it just wont draw much load when it needs to. I wonder if there's a brush that's misaligned in the motor so is low on power? Its a new lesson 1 hp. had the front plate off at one point, maybe I tweaked a brush in the back. Don't really want to tare into it because it s working and the saps flowing. Got a spare pump now at least.
    Last edited by jake1; 04-22-2017 at 12:00 AM.

That is odd to me. Is it a 1750 rpm motor? Typically capacitive start single phase motors don't have brushes. I have never come across a "weak" motor in my experience. At least you have some production out of it.

It is a 1750 rpm an yeah I was guessing on the bushes. Not my area of expertise. Its a weird one. I'll investigate more after the season. For now its doing all I could have hoped for at 150 psi. Maybe that's just all the power the motors got to give. Thanks for all the insight on the matter
    Last edited by jake1; 04-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234