Has to be the pump for sure.
    400 taps on vacuum for 2018
    Lapierre Releaser
    2x5 Phaneuf
    Auber auto drawoff
    Homemade arch with AUF
    Homemade RO single 4" MES 4040 membrane
    CDL 16 x 16 steam Canner

We ran ours until I got sick of the drop in performance. I think you'll be surprised with the new pump and what difference higher pressure makes.

Ha! Got the new pump. Still the same. So I borrowed a generator that has 230 and wired it to that and the performance increased. So its an issue with the motor. Is not starved for voltage, it just wont draw much. I wired it to 115v and it doesn't seem to draw more than 5 amps. Just guessing by how My generator reacts. It runs normal and doesn't heat up more than lukewarm. But it just wont draw much load when it needs to. I wonder if there's a brush that's misaligned in the motor so is low on power? Its a new lesson 1 hp. had the front plate off at one point, maybe I tweaked a brush in the back. Don't really want to tare into it because it s working and the saps flowing. Got a spare pump now at least.
    Last edited by jake1; 04-22-2017 at 12:00 AM.

That is odd to me. Is it a 1750 rpm motor? Typically capacitive start single phase motors don't have brushes. I have never come across a "weak" motor in my experience. At least you have some production out of it.

It is a 1750 rpm an yeah I was guessing on the bushes. Not my area of expertise. Its a weird one. I'll investigate more after the season. For now its doing all I could have hoped for at 150 psi. Maybe that's just all the power the motors got to give. Thanks for all the insight on the matter
    Last edited by jake1; 04-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234