+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5/16 dryline vacuum loss

Default 5/16 dryline vacuum loss

I have a vacuum Monitor with a 150' of 5/16 tubing between mainline and sensor, is there a chart or formula to determine vacuum loss due to friction?

Should be no friction. Nothing is moving in ithe if it goes to a guage etc..
    Greene Maple Farm Sebago, Maine
    7 Generations of Maple Syrup
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...01122259971904

Phillip View Farm
    Sebago, Maine
    30 Highland Cattle
    2 Alpacas, numerous pigs
    Chickens, lots of chickens
    http://www.facebook.com/atgreenetrac...hillipViewFarm

Steve Childs at Cornell will be the best source I can think of that may know where to find such a chart.

To suck on the gauge there must be movement within the line to evacuate the gas...thus a fricational loose must be accounted for.

After the line is evacuated there is no movement so no friction.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

To make the gauge adjust to the vacuum there will be movement but once the gauge stops moving and displays the static vacuum , no movement, no friction loss.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Nothing technical here, you can sure tell the difference by sound when pulling taps closer to the main line with the pump on. I will be installing more taps this year, hoping to keep lats as short as possible. It seems 75 feet or less would be best?
    2.5X10 HE
    600 RO
    Vac

Shaun, you're correct, but a vacuum gauge is not an open line. When you pull taps you will certainly notice a difference in sound on closer taps to farther out taps, that is line friction. But with a vacuum gauge it takes very little time for the vacuum to pull the vacuum and once it has there is no movement in the line, thus no friction loss.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread