+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refractometer questions.

Default Refractometer questions.

Hey everyone!

Question about refractometer that I bought. I just got my refractometer in the mail I was very excited but realized the sent me a 0 to 32% brix 20 degrees Celsius. I bought it thinking it was 32 to 100 scale. Can I use this still?
    2018 Same shed/sugar shack. Same barrel stove , with an upgraded 18”x 24”x 6” pan, a preheater and blower
    22 (very productive) taps on buckets

2017 Home made barrel stove set up with 2 SS serving trays, in a 12x16 shed/ sugar shack, 14 buckets and 2 gals made. We’re Hooked!
    A 32hp Yanmar Cub Cadet EX 3200, Back Saver

2016 Turkey Fryer and wood stove outside, 6 buckets, 0 gals and a story!

This is the one for measuring your sap sugar content or sugar content of RO water. You wouldn't use it for measuring finished syrup

I thought so. It's not totally useless then I've using it to check sap content and during boiling to see how far along it is. It was cheap enough.
    2018 Same shed/sugar shack. Same barrel stove , with an upgraded 18”x 24”x 6” pan, a preheater and blower

2017 Home made barrel stove set up with 2 SS serving trays, in a 12x16 shed/ sugar shack, 14 buckets and 2 gals made. We’re Hooked!

0-80 is for both but I would get one for just syrup. Much easier to read especial on those late nights...or should I say early mornings. LOL

Yes I've seen the ones that are 0 to 100 and it is hard to read after a few boiling sodas and a late night! I thought I was getting a more tuned scale. Can't trust everything on amazon! Some of the maple stuff on there is a good deal but many of the filters and such are no good deal at all.

+ Reply to Thread