+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D&G vs CDL

Default D&G vs CDL

Looking into a new RO for next year. I'm going with a 600 Gal/HR machine. Looking to talk with guys who have the DG prestige ram 600 and CDL 600. The CDL machines look a lot more popular, price wise the quotes are very similar. But the DG machine is capable of some automatic start ups and cleaning.
    3x10 oil fired evaporator
    1300 vaccumm
    350 buckets

Tyler - I don't have experience with the D&G machine. We have the CDL machine and overall we have been happy with it. For a few seasons we nicknamed it Johnny (as in Cash) because we were replacing it "One Piece at a Time". Some of that was our problem I'm sure. We had an internal breaker that wore out and needed to be replaced, replaced the high pressure pump and one of the valves needed to be replaced due to leaks. Plus the dumb things we did ourselves to break hoses (like trying to run it with nowhere for the concentrate flow to go). It's running better now with 2 membranes than it did with a single membrane.

In my opinion - the customer service you will get from your local dealer is as important as the machine itself. At some point you will need a replacement part at 9pm on a Saturday when your tanks are all full to the top. Can you wait 3 days for the part to be couriered to you or do they have it on the shelf and you can drive to their house/shop and pick it up so you can keep rolling?
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

As Ennismaple stated service from your local dealer is far more important than the brand. They all work and all have little differences that may or may not make a difference to you. If you can't get service when you need it you are dead in the water. Or sap. Might also have to consider how far is it to nearest dealer that actually stocks parts for the unit you are looking to buy.
    1700 Taps /1600 on Vac. 3x10 King evaporator
    20 head Charolais cattle
    8 head Lowline Angus
    28 Miniature horses
    90 hives honey bees
    JD 4430 tractor

Those are good points to consider guys. That is the frustrating part of being in the south of Ontario there isent any super close dealers. CDL being 2hrs and DG being 3.
    1300 vaccumm
    350 buckets

I'm running a CDL expandable 600 and it flows usually about 620 to 660 per hour with the new sap max membrane. Another customer of mine has same exact machine with 5HP turbine and he has second post and easily goes 12% to 15% in one pass with second membrane. Machine is so simple to operate it makes your life easier. I run 2 concentrate and 8 to 9 permeate.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Do you have dealers for any other brands closer? Or are they the only ones?
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

They are the closest, H2O Inovation is around 6 hours
    1300 vaccumm
    350 buckets

+ Reply to Thread