+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homemade 2x4 evaporator first use

Default Homemade 2x4 evaporator first use

For the 4 years I have used a 55 gallon barrel stove with a 18 inch by 20 inch pan. Had some time last week and built this from scratch. Very happy with it and it seems to work well. Just need to get a better pre-warming system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice.

That's a lot of work to built one from scratch.

Mark
    Mason 2x4 w/raised flue pan, 240 gal. sap tank, 80 Reds on 5/16 tubing and Lunchbox releaser/pump, 20 sugars on buckets

Very very nice job and it looks great. I will be making one for a 2x4 pan also for next season. Only thing I can see I would change is adding legs at the back of the fire box. would just beef it up a bit. Hope mine turns out that good.
    225 taps 180 on vac 45 on natural gravity lines.
    2x6 drop flue with auto draw.
    Home built 3 x400gpd ro
    2017 kubota M7060hdcc12
    2019 can am defender

2017- first year 80 taps 22x36 home made arch and pan.

Yeah ive been thinking about adding more legs. I made the door too big so the ash builds up fast. Thinking about building a few to sell next year. Need to buy a wheel kit for it cause its hard to move around..
    Last edited by chris.ross212; 03-20-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Looks nice! I have a couple questions as I'm considering doing the same thing. Does yours have a grate in the bottom of the fire box? Why would the size of the door give you faster ash buildup? Do you have a clean out port? I like the simplicity of yours and a friend owns a fabricating business with a CNC plasma cutter with a 4 x 8 bed. Sorry for all the questions but two more : what is your boil rate and what did the materials cost (it looks like you used 1/4 inch plate)? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread