+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tucker Mountain Maple

He was truly an inspiration to all in the maple business. My prayers go out for Eric and his family.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eric on more than a few occasions. The first time when buying T shirts, and most recently a few months back when I purchased a bulk tank from him, and others in between!
    I was very saddened to read of Eric's passing! He truly is the definition of " a Great Guy and Maplehaulic". My thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and family!
    3x10 Dallalre, oil fired, Stainless steel.
    Steam hoods front and rear with preheater.
    1500 taps on vac, right to sugar house.
    900 on Gravity
    New Busch 3 Phase Vacuum. (2010)
    Lapierre 600 Turbo with 2 - 8" posts
    36 years of MAPLE ENJOYMENT!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...93710737313171

Eric was truley one of the finest most insperational people i have ever met...my thoughts and prayers to him and his familey...i wish you overflowing tanks in the great beyond my brother,,,joy, courage and peace..
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.
    Charter member Andover/Salisbury Mapleholics
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4...s009bx4.th.jpg

Spearheaded by Kevin Sargent aka the Gov a go fund me page has been setup to raise money for Compassion Care ALS in honor of Eric. Here is the link to the go fund me page. https://www.gofundme.com/TuckerMTN
    Last edited by xyz5150; 03-17-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    2x6.5 revolution drop flue homemade arch 2012
    Polaris big boss 6x6, Pug (ultimate utility vehicle) sap haulers
    20 taps 2010 93 taps 2011 ??? taps 2012
    12x18 sugar house
    Jonsered 2156, 2171, Husqvarna 346xp, all 3 saws are ported and polished with heated handlebars, Olympyk 999 for the big stuff.
    Thou shalt not Stihl.
    Favorite Color Polished Stainless Steel

I gave, let's all give what we can. Eric was a great asset to the maple industry and he was dealt a bad hand.
    Rest in peace my friend.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

i'll miss eric. knew him for a long time. he was a tremendous advocate for NHTOA, and i had the priviledge of working with him on a few jobs back in his logging days.

he handled the last few years with incredible grace and courage. makes me sad nonetheless. rip, friend.

wally
    member, new hampshire timberland owners association

2x6 g.h. grimm company lightning evaporator. made in rutland vt.

You don't see me on here very much any more as I go through the transtions of life, but I am so saddened to hear of Eric's passing. Never met him personally but talked with him now and again, he showed me some stuff, I showed him some stuff. Like so many on here, just a great guy. I still have my T and sweatshirts that he ordered for many of us and will now think of him as I proudly where mine.
    Danno
    Just West of Syracuse
    3 x 10 Lightning
    Sihi Vacuum
    Sap Bros RO
    600 taps and buying sap

there will be a gathering to remember and celebrate eric on friday, june 9 at proctor academy in andover, nh. held at the proctor ski area. begins at 5pm.

Celebration of Eric Johnson on June 9: Heide, Annika and Britta—Eric’s family—write:
    Details are coming together for the June 9th (Friday) gathering to celebrate and honor Eric. We will have a large tent set up, but keep an eye on the weather and dress for evening temperatures. We plan to start at 5pm at the Proctor Ski Area with family and some close friends speaking, and a bit of music as we remember Eric.

This will be followed by a casual cookout. We will be catering some of the mains, but if folks wish to contribute toward pot-luck options (not necessary), we suggest the following, if your last name begins with the letter:
    A-I: Chips, appetizers, munchies
    J-R: Salads, Sides
    S-Z: Desserts
    Please pass the word along! We all know that Eric loved big gatherings...

Directions to Proctor Ski Area, 60 Blackwater Ln, Andover, NH 03216
    In Andover arriving from the east. Go left at "Jake's Market" onto Lawrence Street. If from the west go right at this sign. Then 3/4 mile, go right onto Blackwater Lane (there is a Proctor Ski area sign on the left).
    member, new hampshire timberland owners association

2x6 g.h. grimm company lightning evaporator. made in rutland vt.

If any traders are comming from away they are welcome to stay at my place
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.