+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What storm do you remember most?

I remember the ice storm of 98 but only because it dominated the news. we were not hit very hard at all, but an hour and 2 north of us was hit real hard. I don't think we even lost power on that one.
    We did however lose power with "the Labor Day Storm of 98". On that one we were without power for about 7-8 days. All of the neighbors were worse off than we were. We opened up our home and hosted about 14-16 neighbors for breakfast and dinner from about day 3-7. We made a party of it. I had to drive about 25 miles and stand in line for about 2 hrs. to buy some dry ice and they restricted how much you could buy so the vendor could serve more people.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Blizzard of 1970 in central Wisconsin. Not sure how much snow we got but drifts we're over 20 foot tall. I was mad because my parents wouldn't let me take the snowmobile off property as they thought I would run into power lines.

The storm that stands out the most in my memory was the 1996 snow storm in Victoria. My family and I were in Vancouver at that time.

The tempest that ensued after my Dad discovered that I had spit my prescription pills out into the waste basket made a lasting impression on my six year old mind.
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

Ice storm of 98 is the most vivid for me. I was at university and came back to help my father for a weekend (he was an electrician). They were without power for I think 11 days. We made no syrup that year and barely enough for our own use the following year. We were assessed at 55% crown loss. We only recently got back to the same number of taps. We'd be well over 6000 taps now if it wasn't for that storm.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

Hi , i am jimmy , storm, July 19-20, 1996. This massive flood event shattered records in Quebec and Canada, due to its sheer volume and cost.

A massive storm pounded the region with around 280 mm of rain in just a few hours, producing the largest overland deluge in Canada up to that point in the 20th Century - about the same as the amount of water that flows over Niagara Falls in a two-month period. Storm effect many countries in the world and many people killed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12