+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garden Blight

Nice beans, what kind are they, and how many feet did you plant? I will be harvesting the first of our pole beans in a couple days. My tomatoes are umanageable, though that was my own fault for planting them so close together. Spacing is 2ft apart in a 4ft bed with 2 rows stagered, its just a jungle mess basically 2x what i should have in that space. Not really much disease this year, this is the first year planting in this spot though. Very late harvesting my tomatoes this year, only just now getting our regular size and large tomatoes, cherry and plum have been harvesting small amounts. Last year i think i started harvesting in late july.
    2019- RO
    2018- 25 taps made 8 gal syrup.
    2017- 25 taps -built a 2x3 flat pan, and a fuel tank arch for it. 335 gal 7.34gal syrup.

2016- 15 taps, 4.3gal syrup boiling on cinderblock arch 3 roasting pans, 1 redneck trash can with a pot, and a turkey fryer.

2015- 4 taps 44 gals of sap made 2.25 gal of lite syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by barnbc76 View Post
    Nice beans, what kind are they, and how many feet did you plant? I will be harvesting the first of our pole beans in a couple days. My tomatoes are umanageable, though that was my own fault for planting them so close together. Spacing is 2ft apart in a 4ft bed with 2 rows stagered, its just a jungle mess basically 2x what i should have in that space. Not really much disease this year, this is the first year planting in this spot though. Very late harvesting my tomatoes this year, only just now getting our regular size and large tomatoes, cherry and plum have been harvesting small amounts. Last year i think i started harvesting in late july.
    These were bush beans which I have great luck with every year. I planted two rows maybe 10 feet long. I'm getting ripe plumb tomatoes now but my others are huge and green like the beefsteaks I planted. Other then that we got a few cukes and a few squash......very tough year for us
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123