+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sap buyers in the china area?

Default Sap buyers in the china area?

Hello my fellow maple junkies! We have lucked into a big sugarbush that we will be able to tap next year. That being said we won't be able to handle the expense of the bush and a new sugar house and equipment for a few years. The plan is to set up the bush this summer and sell the raw sap for the next 3 years until we have enough time and money to build the sugar house correctly. Does anyone know if there are any sap buyers in the area that can handle an additional 4000 taps (roughly) of sap in the China and surrounding area? It will be hot top road side tanks so no mudding involved to pick up. Thanks for any info! Lee
    60 taps on 3/16

2x3 mason evaporator
    New 12x20 sugar house
    50 milk jugs

10 buckets
    10 years old and just learnin

Check with Bacon Farm in Sidney. They're maple supply dealers as well, so even if they can't handle the sap, they might know a producer who can.

That's a lot of taps. Sure wish I could luck into a deal like that, roadside and all. Are you buying or leasing?

Good Luck!
    Steven Abbott
    Over 900 taps on vacuum
    30" x 10' D&G Woodsaver evaporator with Steamaway
    Half acre market garden
    2 farmers in training

You may also check with Suga's in Vassalboro. I don't think they are set up to process that much but they are also small scale suppliers and may know someone local.

Thanks for both the ideas, I will check with both of them. We are working on a 15 years lease with an option to buy.
    60 taps on 3/16

2x3 mason evaporator
    New 12x20 sugar house
    50 milk jugs

10 buckets
    10 years old and just learnin

+ Reply to Thread