+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Everybody ready?

Default Everybody ready?

Everybody ready for a reset? Looking good for this week right into next weekend. Only been able to do 2 boils so far and I'm getting antsy!! Just installed a brand new CDL modulating draw off yesterday so I'm ready to see how it works. I haven't had anything over 1.5% so far so hoping things start to sweeten up!
    24x56 heavy timber post and beam sugar house. 2013 CDL 2.5x8 deluxe airtight raised flue 750 taps on vacuum. CDL reverse osmosis, Wes Fab 7" full bank press. Eastern Maine CDL sales rep.

I'm not so optimistic as you about the forecast. Gonna be slow to thaw, then temps look iffy late in the week. But that could change tomorrow...

The cold should help bring the sugar content up in the sap, though. Hopefully we get tons (literally) of sweet sap this week.

I've still got about 8 cord of wood to work up for next year, guess what I'll be doing while I wait?

We finally got our taps in so we are ready to start.....doesn't look like a banner week but we should get some.

We are ready and will gladly take a warm up. Battled frozen sap this weekend, frozen pumps, frozen head tank. Luckily I was able to thaw 225 gallons of sap in my garage so we could have a boil yesterday.
    West Sumner Sugar House
    West Sumner, ME
    500 +/- Taps - 2 x 8 CDL Venturi - 3 Shurflo Solar Systems - MES Dolly 300
    https://www.facebook.com/WestSumnerSugarHouse

I'm headed out to the sugar house this morning and lighting the wood stove, my evaporator is frozen solid along with the feed pipe from the head tank. Hopefully I can get things loosened up and be ready for the next run. I just checked the extended forecast and abbot is right.... looks like a cool off again this weekend but some decent Temps in the meantime.
    24x56 heavy timber post and beam sugar house. 2013 CDL 2.5x8 deluxe airtight raised flue 750 taps on vacuum. CDL reverse osmosis, Wes Fab 7" full bank press. Eastern Maine CDL sales rep.

We finished about 4 gallons of syrup this weekend in Cornville. Lines were frozen so we ended up feeding the evaporator manually. Lots of work for sure. We might get a decent run tomorrow and Wednesday. Looks like another cold snap late this week and into the next. It would be nice if we had a "normal" season for once.

+ Reply to Thread