+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CT Warm up, pull the sweet from the pans?

Default CT Warm up, pull the sweet from the pans?

with the forecast being what it is this week would you guys pull the sweet out of the pans?
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 16-16-09.jpg

I'm new to the continuous pans, so i'm still learning. I have it covered up and plan on boiling today's run tomorrow, but what about long term? If i have to pull my sweet, i'm looking at storing 75-80 gallons and chilling it somehow? perhaps i can store half of it? either way it's a lot.
    2016 - 36 Taps - File Cabinet Arch + Food Pans
    2017 - 2.5'x10' drop flues - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 122 Taps
    2018 - 16x20 Sugar Shack - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 235 Taps

Just a few thoughts Matt - Because it's been boiled already, any bacteria in it is gone [for now] a few days from now, maybe fire up & get it close to boil again, kill anything that might start? Easier than draining, cleaning the pans & trying to find an 75 gal refridgerator. I don't think the big operators drain once they start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Van View Post
    Just a few thoughts Matt - Because it's been boiled already, any bacteria in it is gone [for now] a few days from now, maybe fire up & get it close to boil again, kill anything that might start? Easier than draining, cleaning the pans & trying to find an 75 gal refridgerator. I don't think the big operators drain once they start up.
    i'll cook down what i got yesterday and today (not much, only 125 gallons). i was really hoping for 200-250. I do have a 65 gallon stock tank i could bury in a snow bank, that might be a good option, that would give me chance to make some small modifications to my pans as well.
    2016 - 36 Taps - File Cabinet Arch + Food Pans
    2017 - 2.5'x10' drop flues - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 122 Taps
    2018 - 16x20 Sugar Shack - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 235 Taps

+ Reply to Thread