I boiled the last for the season overnight. I ended up getting 2700 gallons of sap between Friday and Saturday. Made good old fashioned commercial. My north slope bush of 260 taps ran gangbusters and was still running good when I killed the pump at 7 pm last night. Those 260 ran 1100 of those gallons between the 2 days. The last couple of draws lightened way up but the smell was something undescribable. Overall I did pretty good considering all of the February syrup that I wasn't able to get because I wasn't ready that early. I came in with around 2/3 of a gallon per tap. I'd of been darn close to a gallon of syrup per tap I believe if I would have had them tapped early. also was pretty happy with the quality, have a nice mix of all grades this season
The sugar last night was down to 1.2% which is the lowest that I have ever closed with. Alot of hours just to get another 35 gallons of commercial, oh well. I will boil the flue pan out tomorrow, pull the membrane and then start flushing lines this week.
John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 10 bulk tanks.