+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapping Pocahontas County 2017

Default Tapping Pocahontas County 2017

We got tapped last Thursday with our main bush. Boiled Friday. Vac pump went down hard, got the parts yesterday, and we should have it fixed now. We got our new 3/16 woods up and going and our other 3/16 up. Boiled again yesterday and have about 20 gallons of syrup bottled total and 4 gallons of the best cream we have made to date. Hope the weather holds out.

So we did get a good flow coming in today it sure was making that releaser sing. We have about 110 gallons bottled up at this point, about ten ready to bottle tomorrow and its hard to tell how much sap by morning to work on tomorrow. Hopefully we get some freezing weather it sure doesn't look good for the next week though.

We are up to 250 gallons bottled up. I had a small patch of trees I was holding out on and got them partially set up today, may add another 60-80 taps. Had probably another 500 gallons of sap come in today, have to hit it hard tomorrow. Seems like the trees are still willing to cooperate with the crazy February weather we are having.

Hope you have a good run , here in Wood County its about over, the Reds are budding. I have about 85 taps left in and not running well,even on 3/16 tubing.?Have made 21 gal on 200 taps.Where are you located ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockport View Post
    Hope you have a good run , here in Wood County its about over, the Reds are budding. I have about 85 taps left in and not running well,even on 3/16 tubing.?Have made 21 gal on 200 taps.Where are you located ?
    We are in the upper end near Dunmore. Today had a decent run have to boil tomorrow. I have seen some reds pop along the road but not yet up in the woods. I am going to try to make it through this week. I don't see a good freeze past Wednesday. We are trying to get over 400 gallons but still have a ways to go. We have 860 on high vac 19 buckets and sacks, and 325 on 3/16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread